Quantcast

Building a Sinister DNA

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I already run a pretty trick 06 P and wanted something a lil more bling/unique.

Id like to run 24's w/S.S.

Id like everyones input as to which parts(cost almost no object) youd build it with along with color. Something along the lines of the "Chocolate Thunder" bike from Declines contest.

The frame will be their orange color. Ill post her up after shes built on here and maybe youll see your parts.:)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sun MTX Rims
Red Hadleys
Red nipples
Black spokes
Pike 426 Coil, black
Thomson post
SDJ saddle
Holzfellers
Orange supercharger
ODIs with red clamps
Avid Juicy 7 brake(s)
Tioga Mx Pro pedals

Just some ideas.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've posted pix of mine more on here than I'd like to admit. Just do a search for my posts in this forum. I'm running dual 26ers and I've got it around 30 lbs. Best dj/urban/whatever bike for me yet.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmm,
Orange frame
White Marzocchi 66 set to 80mm with a Nemisis Project reducer kit.
White Deity Bars
White Deity Stem
Hope Mano Mini Brakes front and rear
Maxxis Holy roller tires
White Halo SAS rims 24"
Hadley hubs front and rear in black (single speed in back)
White deity cranks, with a ti spindle
odyssey JC pedals, sealed Mag
Macneil Capital seat and seat Post this years model in white (nice new design)
Odi long necks with flanges black
Gold KMC chain
Profile imperial chain wheel in black
25/11 gearing.

I'm guessing it would come in under 30lbs

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i searched for a while and could never find one. HCOR and MTBR have the most info that i could find. HCOR has better discussions.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Brad said the Nemesis site is still in the works.

I own a DNA. It is dope. I love it. Right now im waiting on my new fork (Float- being set to 80mm) and It will be done.

The only other thing I would trade it out for is Steel. Either a Black Market Mob or a Nemesis Secret Agent.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I like Dexter's DNA a lot.

I have a few DNA's kicking around at all times. Not really into the whole FMB scene, so my bikes have full brakes and gears. My favorite one is setup so...

Float 100rlc
Sic Classic stem and Race bars
Pig HS
8speed x7 shifter with x9 med cage der, 12-28 casette
Middleburn Cranks with a 38tooth g-ring and STS (38 actually fits perfectly on the sts, who knew?)
Hope Xc hubs on f519 rims
Hayes Mag's with carbon levers, goodridge lines and ti bolts, running galfer pads.

That particular frame is an '04 and those parts are going onto a new 4" Ridge ST soon. Light and quick slalom bike, but a little to steep for me, hence the frame swap

Picked up an '05 DNA the other day

FSA pounders, Rhynolyte Xl's on xt,rr, formula Ft, Avid BB7 discs, Psylo Sl, Setup single speed for trails and the one day a year I spend in a park. I like the slackness of the new bikes a whole lot more.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
see i dont know if i want the new 05. i feel with my custom frok set up so the fork is lower how i like it it would make the bike ride way different. linda like the difference between an 80mm fork and a 100mm

sinisteridge

Monkey
Jan 22, 2006
holden it down in h20 town`
ive got a dna and its the sickest street, dirt bike i have ever ridden. one problem with your build though. frank had no intensions of having someone run 24s so if you are goin to do it you will have to run 2.2 tires or smaller. no bigger. but do get one, there ill, just run 26's.