Quantcast

Building A Wheel

Ive destroyed my old wheel and am looking to build a new one, on a buget that is. :cool:
My buddy had just had his wheel built at dropnzone laced with a TXQuando hub. The hub only costed 30 dollars And Im interested in buying one too. Currently Dropnzone's website doesnt have The Quando hubs under thier pricing so if any of you have any info about them Ide appriciate to hear it.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
I don't have any prices or anything, but you could always call Scott @ Bikeworks in Lake Stevens.....He builds tons of wheels.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Freak said:
I don't have any prices or anything, but you could always call Scott @ Bikeworks in Lake Stevens.....He builds tons of wheels.
I have a set of wheels Scott built that are running on sealed bearing disk hubs that are convertable from QR to 20mm for hte front and QR to 12mm thru-axle in the rear. He built them up on Halo Combat rims for me....but Iam sure you can opt for others.

He builds a LOT of wheels. He is one of the few I would trust in building my wheels.

I have his card in my wallet:

Scott Stuart
Bike Works of Lake stevens
425-334-7812
2010 grade rd
lake stevens, wa 98258

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Use the hubs from the taosted wheels, if you still have them.
Now lace the wheels on your own, go buy a rhynolite or something cheap (Halos are strong and cheap) and spoke calc it, then buy spokes and nipps.
$40 rim
$30 nice spokes and nipps
New wheel only $70!!

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Showa said:
Ive destroyed my old wheel and am looking to build a new one, on a buget that is. :cool:
My buddy had just had his wheel built at dropnzone laced with a TXQuando hub. The hub only costed 30 dollars And Im interested in buying one too. Currently Dropnzone's website doesnt have The Quando hubs under thier pricing so if any of you have any info about them Ide appriciate to hear it.
I've had a few rims built from Dropnzone. He does a great job.
In fact, I just had a wheel built there with the same hub. I've only ridden on it once, so I can't give you a reliability recomendation for the hub, but all of the wheels I've had built there have held up well.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Lots of plugs going on here :) Hey , I have plenty of the inexpensive 20mm hubs, I could send you one and you can have it laced by whomever you like or are closest. The Quandos are just a nice sealed bearing hub.

I know Scott does an excellent job and he is probrably closer to you so I would give him a shout, he might even have the hubs. :thumb: