Quantcast

building new fully.

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by pancho64, Apr 1, 2008.

1. pancho64

pancho64 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    so in the next few weeks im gona build a slopestyle/mini dh bike
    and have narrowed it down to a few choices. i would like some feedback on any of the frames

relevant info:

have a bmx background and am currently riding a 33lbs single speed sinister dna with a 90mm marz 66 for all my dirt jumping/street missions.

this fully will be used at whistler and northstar along with local trails. i weigh 200lbs and hate replacing stuff

im going to use a 36, 66, or totem up front with a single ring with lg1 guide. will probably try to make it a 5-6sp drivetrain as its going to be a specific gravity machine. im not really going to pedal too much uphill but wouldnt mind riding trails every now and then. i ideally want the final build to weigh around 35lbs

my current frame choices are transition bottlerocket, sinister gruitr, and the giant reign.

budget for whole build is 4k

thanx!

#1 -   Apr 1, 2008

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ire

ire Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 4
    $4k is a fair chunk of change. If I was you, I would look at picking up a used frame. DH/Freeride stuff sells for next to nothing on the secondary market and you could pick up something that is virtually new for a lot less cash. That being said I think any of the frames you listed will make you happy

<edit> I have no first hand experience with the Reign or Bottlerocket but ppl I know that own them have been really happy

#2 -   Apr 1, 2008
  3. v6 4.3

v6 4.3 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    get the gruitr

#3 -   Jul 2, 2008
  4. Sir_Crackien

Sir_Crackien Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    i bet that you would like the cove STD. looks like it would be a fairly versatile gravity feed weapon.

currently i have a reign and its a great bike that is for sure but no too much of a gravity machine in my book. if you are looking into the reign be sure to get the "X" version because that is much more of a gravity/fr bike

#4 -   Jul 3, 2008
  5. BALOG

BALOG Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I´d really consider the Banshee Wildcard.... the frame is made just for what you need... with adjustable travel (5 to 6,5"), 1.5" headtube, hidroformed tubes and a very low standover... its basically a 26" full suspension BMX, hahaha...

You´d be surprised with how this frame handles!

#5 -   Jul 3, 2008
  6. basikbiker

basikbiker Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    bottlerocket. mine has a 66 and DHX coil, super fun bike, dj, dh fr, all of it it handle.

#6 -   Jul 3, 2008
  7. BALOG

BALOG Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Take a look man:

Attached Files:

#7 -   Jul 7, 2008