Quantcast

Building up a "New" M3

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So, got the new frame from Intense the other day and am going to build it up. Yes, this will be my 4th year racing an M3 but hey, I like the bike! Here's the build I'm doing.

The frame is being dropped off at a local powder coat place for a little magic to be added to it. It's being painted Dayglo green and then going to have the black, white and gray sticker kit put on along with some custom graphics (keeping that secret, lol).

CR1 Fork
CR1 Shock
Avid Elixir CR's (already had them on the previous M3)
FSA Gravity Lites
SRAM XO Short Cage Der.
Sram XO Shifter
LG1 Guide
Crank Bros. Mallet II Pedals (or Shimano...have not decided yet)
Sunline V1 seat
Sunline V1 Bars (extended to 31.5)
Chris King headset (black)
ODI grips
Mavic 729 rims
Hadley Hubs front/rear

Pretty much about it, except for the components I'm probably missing, lol. Should be a good bike for 2010...got 17 races planed so far and hopefully this year I can actually get some UCI points under my belt :D

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Sounds sick. I still like the m3's more than the m6's. How many sets of gravity lights do you plan on using in those 17 races?
Haha, probably a good 3 or 4 sets, lol.
Actually I'm pretty good at not bending cranks/pedals so am hoping to go through less, but we'll see.

As for the M3, I love the bike. The plan was to get the new frame from Intense, sell it and buy a Turner but after some thinking realized I really like the way it rides rocks, pedals and corners.