Quantcast

built a new xc track to start training..

luke3.14

Chimp
Aug 11, 2002
Ma
i just finished building a xc track in my woods, i think it gives me a great work out if i ride it alot, sometimes it get boaring becasuse it is not like a real race track but when i cant get out on the course i just ride mine...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I always wish I lived on enough acreage to build a little short track course. Then I could go out and burn laps around that thing like crazy and get a good intense workout. On the trails I am afraid i would just run people over!:eek:

luke3.14

Chimp
Aug 11, 2002
Ma
today i road my track after it had rained, very muddy, its about 10 laps to a mile, but its really nice to work out on and i enjoy racing around it with my friends, its single track so we do time trials which are fun alos.

luke3.14

Chimp
Aug 11, 2002
Ma
i live on 2.5 acres of land

the track is on at least 2 acres of land
its pretty nice, i havent been able to ride it as much because of school and sports starting now, but i ride everysunday in eitther a park or some kind of woods, i mostly ride the track to train of stay in bike shape, its a loop so it does get boaring

thanks luke..

hitek

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Ontario, Canada
maybe you should build it up a bit, rock section? maybe a log or two to practice hopping over

just something to improve your technical riding skills?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Heidi
I always wish I lived on enough acreage to build a little short track course. Then I could go out and burn laps around that thing like crazy and get a good intense workout. On the trails I am afraid i would just run people over!:eek:
what do you consider a track? there is a place up here that is only 2.25 miles long but it's twisty, rooty, skinny and hilly. I don't know how much land it's build on but it's not much.

it's a lesson in maximizing land use.

didn't you mention you were going to move up here sometime?

luke3.14

Chimp
Aug 11, 2002
Ma
yes it is like what you described, i use it mainly when i cant get to the forest or something like that.