Quantcast

Built my first jump bike.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Pics:

gold base rainbow flake, doesn't show up great in pics:

Its almost done. Wheels are getting painted metallic gold to match the flake, pedals and chain.

Built with mostly spare parts from my downhill bike. Thus not very "core" by dirt jump standards. No Spanish bb, integrated headset or funky **** like that, just the way I like it.

Took it to the BMX track last night and it rips. ended up with 13"bb and just under 16" cs. Very similar to my dh bike, as I'll be using this mostly for training, and some dirt jumping as I get more comfortable on it.

I'm stoked.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Origin 8 "interrogator". Couldn't find any reviews on it but the geo was what i was looking for and it was $200 so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Had extra cable guides and derailleur mount that I cut off before bead blasting and painting the frame. Looks way more sleek now.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Origin 8 "interrogator". Couldn't find any reviews on it but the geo was what i was looking for and it was $200 so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Had extra cable guides and derailleur mount that I cut off before bead blasting and painting the frame. Looks way more sleek now.
Hmmmm... have you weighed it yet?

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
The headset rocks so far. It was a REALLY tight fit.

Haven't weighed the whole bike yet but the frame was 2750g. Oh and I cut off rim brake mounting tabs too.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
yeah its like 12 and 7/8". It was designed for a shorter fork. However I'm willing to sacrifice a little bb height for the slacker front end.