Quantcast

Built up SC Jackal

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Finished building up my frame a week or two ago. Now that I put some redline tensioners on everything is peachy and she jumps way nicer than the 05 stuff I had. Probably due to lower bb, and a shorter top tub on this Jackal... Anyhow props to Matt at Mojowheels.com for tearing down a complete bike and selling me the frame. Great shop to work with if you haven't already talked to them.

Spec:
S/M SC Jackal Frame Matte Black
Optional SS dropouts with 10 buck Redline tensioners
Diabolus cranks
E-13 Ring/bashguard
Mag 30/ Hope Bulb wheelset with Gusset S/S conversion
80mm Manitou Sherman Jumper
Titec Knock Post (not shown)
SDG Bel-Air seat (not shown)
Maxxis Holy Rollers (once the K-Rads wear out)
Atom Labs Air Corp Stem
Answer Protaper cut down to 25.5"
Hayes HFX-9 (recycled from Stuff)
Sun/Ringle ZuZu pedals
Intense lock on grips/Dangerboy caps

Def. the most fun bike I've had...

Attachments

kajo

Chimp
Oct 8, 2004
Sweden -> malmö
I would to anthing for that bike! amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! The sick thing is that you have almost exactly the same setup as I would put on a bike like that!

love it!

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
formermtboarder said:
how much was ur wheelset?
the whole bike?
130 for rims, 250 for both hubs..

Whole bike... Mmm. I'm guessing around 1800 if you totalled everything up, but some parts like the diabolus cranks have been on two bikes.

Sherman Jumper rides good. I know someone asked about it. I had to do a bit of work with the spacing on the hope bulb 20mm caps to get it to align correctly with the disc mounts. Dremelled about 5 mm off and all is well. The fork has a little bit of stiction, but that is after 6 months of jumping, so it is due for a rebuild. Very stiff and a nice low ride height though..

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Put some 24"s on it. Nice spec, except for the Manitou IMO. I'm sure they're fine, I just have an irrational hatred of Manitou.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Rides bloody hell great. Coming from a 05 Kona Stuff with the same parts pretty much on it this bike is easily twice as much fun in the air and on the back wheel. Been riding it about 4 days a week when I'm not downhilling and it just keeps feeling better.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Nice! That's a sweet looking bike. To be honest, that is my favorite hardtail...congratulation. Now we need some action pics...