Quantcast

Bullcrew = bullsh1t

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Wasn't going to say anything about the situation ( because sh1t does happen )until I rode w/ some folks today and I mentioned a deal that went south w/ the dude. Out of the 3 of the guys I rode w/ they all stated he is a bad guy to do business with. Apparently he has a bad rep for taking money and either not sending the product, sending the product extremely late, or just sending the product broken.
My short story, about a month ago I was interested in some Hadley's on Mavics and they were sold, no big deal. He then mentioned he had some El Loco's he would let me have for 130+ shipping. I sent the money and he said he was going to ship them that night. I waited for a week before hitting him up about it and asked for a tracking #. Supposedly they were stolen at the.....where ever the hell he ships stuff from. So I asked for a refund which I received immediately, or so I thought. PayPal waits 3-5 days to give money back. Turns out his bank denied the funds. I ask about this which quickly sidesteps and states the wheels miraculously show up and he's going to send them ASAP ( and its a pain in the a$$ to get in touch with him ). Followed by his 5 minute speech about what an honest dude he is and he hates thieves and liars. I give him the benefit of the doubt and say "coo,l just shoot me the tracking #." After another week of no tracking # or positive results, I call, text, and Pm him with no response. I say F it and file dispute with PayPal and eventually get my money back.
I'm not saying he has not made good deals in the past or even now but 100 good deals don't justify a hand full of bad ones. Steer clear of the dude and the headache that follows. So to the folks who will probably chime in and say he is a "stand up guy" I have saved all the text, emails,PayPal emails, and pm's. I'm not just going to smear someone w/o reason.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
nope your right, and to anyone who would chime in thanks but hes right. theres issues right now and i have without question neglected to follow through on it. not his problem and i should have been more diligent with it.
i will take care of it asap, call me tomorrow or not i left you a message a bit ago either way it will get done.
dont so much appreciate the bull$hit comment thats a bit juvenile but then again i understand your irritated.

Last edited:

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
nope your right, and to anyone who would chime in thanks but hes right. theres issues right now and i have without question neglected to follow through on it. not his problem and i should have been more diligent with it.
i will take care of it asap, call me tomorrow or not i left you a message a bit ago either way it will get done.
dont so much appreciate the bull$hit comment thats a bit juvenile but then again i understand your irritated.
Yeah, maybe "bullsh1t" was juvenile but leaving me out to dry was b.s.. I don't believe you get kudos for coming clean. Doesn't mean you meant it, just means you got caught. Maybe because your trying to salvage some rep. Don't know, don't care. My guess the reason you finally tried to get a hold of me is because PayPal was coming after you.
I just wanted to speak my piece and give some insight to those who might deal w/ you.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bullcrew, man, this is the fourth bad seller thread about you (two deleted) and at least one of the threads had three people in it OTHER than the original poster that had bad experiences with you.

Get your **** together.

Here:

92SE-R said:
Bought a set of Hayes Mag brakes from him back in July. Ad clearly stated that rotors were included. DId not include rotors. Waited patiently for them because he was moving. Many excuses later and then finally no response at all, still no rotors. Beware of this seller. 4 months later, NOTHING.
MK_ said:
I paid Bullcrew $130 for the SDG saddles, post, headset and a X.0 derailleur. That was about a month ago. I have not heard a peep from Bullcrew, nor have I received any components. I tried getting funds back through paypal, but got $6 back, the balance of his account I suppose. I'm no money bags. I don't know what to do, but I figured I'd make it public so that noone else gets shafted.
tozovr said:
Ah, frig it, I'll chime in.

I ordered $60 worth of Chainstay decals for Sinister from Travis last Oct. After basically the same emails and rigamoral that seems to have been served out here to everyone by Travis I got my chainstay decals in May was it?

Oct to May and then, they were all about 19.25" long. How long are your chainstays?!?!?!?! $60 worth nothing. Not even worth my time to try and get the right length.
erikkellison said:
One, over a year ago I purchased a frame from him. He promised to ship a seatpost and saddle along with it, but after a few phone calls and dozens of emails I never received a thing.
<snip>
Two, just a couple of months ago I bought a complete bike from him. Yes, another good deal, however, he failed to send me about $1000 in extras that were promised again. I was able to get in touch with him multiple times, but never received the promised extras.
<snip>
Those are just the deleted comments. There's also this thread:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158519

Which includes a link to your old eBay account, which seems similarly bad:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=andreaw208&ftab=AllFeedback&clk_rvr_id=234729717277

It's just a giant history of failure.

WTF should be done about this? You're a long time member here, but how do you expect me to say, "sure, keep selling stuff to our members"?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
fact is its usually a delay thing and there are a couple complaints that are irrelevant or people felt bad about spending money and a few that are my fault.
i have refunded, bought back items from people at later dates, sold a TON of stuff here and other places for cheap and always high end and well maintained, have a ton on other peoples bikes that ive given or loaned out, found people stuff they were looking for and done alot of stuff in general. theres bound to be issues once in a while.
i dont feel good about it and theres a few that are out of context and the full storys not said that irritate me but im havent taken it to open threads and wont.

so yeah the deals that had issues i dont feel good about and i dont like situations but they will happen from time to time. ive sold alot of parts for people to people and had parts sold that were at other peoples places that were mine and hell even had a few borrowed that i wasnt aware of. i say borrow because i got them back
most are valid and theres some that are bs but scamming isnt the deal.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Yep, he has great deals but ALWAYS you only get part of what you were promised

Here is what he technically owes me still

$85 - he ordered me a fork which was rad of him but I paid $85 extra for black lowers. The fork showed up with white lowers and never heard of the $85 again. He would never answer what happened to the money. Also the same fork went back to marzocchi and when he got it back he didn't send it back to me for over 2 months. The only way I got it back was because he bought my DH bike and he brought the fork with him to the deal.

$35 - He bought my Canfield jedi a couple years ago (i gave him a screaming deal since we were "friends" but then he turned around and parted it out and made a big profit, another story) and he said he would pay cash. He came with $600 less then the agreed amount. After tons of delays and about 8 months I got all but $35

$65 and parts - We traded my fork for some brakes, tires, and cash. He made up the deal, not me. I got the brakes and 3 tires with the promise of a 4th when the new ones came in. The brake came with a rotor that was probably from the 90's (not what comes with the brakes) and with the promise of a new rotor since he didn't include the rear. So its been a few months now, now rotor, no tire, no cash, and no reply whatsoever to any kind of messages.

So in all he still owes me $185 dollars, a new schwalbe tire, and a new rear rotor (plus a front one that isn't older than me would be nice).

My wife keeps wondering why I do business with him. Frankly I don't know. I am going to quit.

Like others i have PM'd him multiple times, texted, and emailed him. The very very few times he will respond its to give me an excuse of some kind. It usually has to do with lacking funds yet he is always posting new stuff that he just bought for his bike (like the multiple forks he has for his DH bike).

I will gladly take parts in trade for money since he seems to have a bunch of extras but I doubt if we agreed on something that he would ever send them.

I don't like posting this because I believe he is a good guy. If by some miracle this helps get my stuff I will gladly edit and delete this. I kind of doubt it though