Quantcast

Bullcrew gets a xc bike!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
SH!T whatever fools!
Like Im going to wear spandex and pose while drinking water on the side of a trail talking about how gnarly the trail was with all the pebbles! LMAO!
But I did by a pedalable freeride bike, 06 chumba EVO has front derailurre and will be a nice 6" travel FR/DH bike I can now pedal at SJT!
aside of cable rub barely ridden! Itll make a good drop, fr bike that I can race occasionaly DH on and still rock without worrying about breakage. It'll also allow me to keep the Jedi a little less used.

Build is heavy 37lbs and now will go on a diet bringing it to 33-34 lbs.
Chumba EVO (usa build)
Marzocchi Z1 fr eta rc2 fork 150mm
Fox dhx 5.0 air
XT fc m760 cranks
Holzfeller stem, bars, post (HEAVY)
WTB saddle (NOT LIGHT)
Singletrack wheelset laced to spec hubs (NOT LIGHT)
X9 shifters and rear der
Schwalbe Muddy Marys 2.35 FR rear and 2.5 DH front soon to be FR frot
Shimano hyd brakes
SRAM steel cassette (HEAVY)
etc... Basic build that works but I can drop 3-4 lbs relatively easy and inexpensive.

Ride report this weekends inagural FR with pedaling. Jump park later this week and then off to some drops.
Ride was right at 20 miles round trip.

Didnt get any action pics but the ride up was 2600'+ and the ride down was muddy/snow/ICE/wet grass/cow poo and some fast single track with alot of rocks and doll heads all over the trail so it was a good fast run with unpredictable stuff and limited visabillity at times. I can honestly say hte bike kicked @$$, it corners well. Its a little sketchy yet in drifts and high speed swooping corners as the WB is a little shorter than Im used too but i think I can adjust. It handled rocks 8" jagged dollheads ets and rock chutes well. The suspension was spot on, a little softer on the way down but reacted as my big bike does for DH just real smooth and absorbing.

Tire choice could not have been better, I rode the Muddy Marys (schwalbe) 2.35 rear and a 2.5 front hooked up, I blew through a corner at atleast 30 mph (34 tooth maxxed out) and it was wet, muddy grass going into snow and ice and the tires didnt break free at all. I was on the road for the last little jont it was wet in spots, twisty and chased a dodge pick up down and through the corners maxxed out again and no slipping even had the bike leaned way over and kept the body loading the outside lugs.

On the way

From the bottom looking up (cant see top its half again higher in the clouds, we pedalled right from where I took the pic over 2600' up)

Bob the brodie rep and the bikes

Me at the top

The EVO getting ready to descend

Bike back at the in laws house

Some funk (mud and probably some cow poo in there ! :D

Edited: Here I added a little manhood (out riding the JEDI) to compensate for the EVO! :D

No foot can can

No foot seat grab

Last edited:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
400!....thats sweet and looks like a good option for a trail bike. I'm sure you'll come up with some nice components as well.

Congrats!

You in spandex.....uhhhh lets not go there...that a bad visual

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sweet bike Travis! My nephew has the same with a RS Boxxer Team . But still I don't know if I'll ever be able to look at you the same.:brow:

You would be smokin' sporting the spandex WHAT you don't think I fake slow to get behind those guys!!
When you coming back here where you belong?
LMAO! I'm still rock'N' the JEDI.
Added pics of my JEDI action to compensate for the EVO!!!! I bring the manliness to EVO's soon neough.

This is my training bike that I can Freeride drop huck DJ and just all around have fun bike that pedals and is burly enough I wont break it! :D I manhandle bikes and they need to be able to take it!

March 14th Im back, classes are on the weekends in SD so I might move back to San Diego (my old stomping grounds) or possibly towards redondo So bay area. Ill be near Temecula at first though.

Last edited:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Travis
That ladder pic is pretty sweet! nice job. Th Chumba looks good with the seat down....but in that one pic it would be really tough to get a visual of you in spandex riding it that way.......ouch