Quantcast

Bullit Owners...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Anyone try putting a smaller shock on their Bullit?

I did. i put a PUSHed RC from an '01 bullit on my '04 frame. Reduced the travel back to 6" and lowered the BB and slackened the HA. I really does fell like a short travel DH bike now.

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
Snowshoe on closing day 05.

Some changes for 06:
XT hollowtech 2 cranks
XTR rear der
retired the 5 y/o snafu pedals for some sun ringle's
66 rc2x (just ordered and on the way) and I gave that old stratos s7 to one of my friends.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
W4S wrote:

Anyone try putting a smaller shock on their Bullit?

I did. i put a PUSHed RC from an '01 bullit on my '04 frame. Reduced the travel back to 6" and lowered the BB and slackened the HA. I really does fell like a short travel DH bike now.

Yes, I did basically the exact same thing. 01 Bullit warranty deal got me into a new 04 frame. I PUSHed the RC rear shock and have been ripping it up ever since. Really made the bike even more versatile.

I also picked up a second blown out RC for next to nothing and had a company called Flow Components tune it for DHing. They do good work.

Quick, tight, light, mini-DHing bike. Wish I had some photo software to downsize the pics I have.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The bullit I will possiblt get has a fox125. I will use that fork and my hardtail wheels (721's) for the lighter stuff. For Dh, I have a 729 set built to use with a '04/'03 super T.

For 4x and DJ, should I get a lower shock, or is the full 7" romic better balanced for jumps.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
i say just run a few more clicks of compression for dj's and 4x,, i have mine set in the slack shuttle position

and my 04 seatpost is 28.6 also..

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
i love my friggin bullit, i've had it for 4 years now and it hasn't let me down once. it took quite a beating this past summer at Northstar At Tahoe and it kicked butt. recently upgraded f & b suspension and threw on some hookworms for some UA. have had lots of opportunities to change frames but went through with it, just love this frame too much. i'd show you a pic but can't figure how to insert pics in here yet, still new and all.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Upload (register for a free account first) your photos to photobucket.com. Then copy the IMG tag below a picture on that site once it has uploaded. Paste it here. A picture will show up when you submit a post (if you did it right). Photobucket.com is one of the best hosting sites.

You could upload here, but its very limited. On photobucket, in options, you can set the size for it to automatically resize the photo when uploading. 128kb is the best size for Ridemonkey.

Castor

Chimp
Mar 27, 2002
The Netherlands

Mine, just before I bought a VPFree. Now, I´m building the Bullit as a trail/playbike with a DHX Air and a Pike. Feels good to give this great frame a new lease on life.

oz

Chimp
Nov 11, 2003
I used to have a rootbeer w/ a dorado dc up front. Bike was sick but I moved on. Would be nice to have again since it can do everything. I probably would have kept it if the DHX air came out sooner. If I get one I would do DHX air in the rear and 36 up front! that would be bawler

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
mtnbikej said:
Wrong.......everything is 30.9 : Heckler, Blur(s), V10, VP Free, Chameleon, Nomad.

Superlight and Julianna are only 27.2 from SC.

mtnbikej
Meh, my older Chameleon is 27.2. (2001).

Who needs a seatpost anyway?

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
that photobucket is the most f'd up sight with the most f'd up registration process i have ever seen. i have no desire to give them my home and work phone # and my home address. screw that.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
FREERDR4LF said:
that photobucket is the most f'd up sight with the most f'd up registration process i have ever seen. i have no desire to give them my home and work phone # and my home address. screw that.
Are you serious? When I signed up, it was short and quick. Can you do it w/o putting in your phone #'s and address? I can't imagine that? Maybe its for the CD backup you can have mailed to you...

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
bikenweed said:
Dude, that is the sickest Bullit ever. I saw that thing on Ebay about two years ago, did you buy it? I really wanted to paint my Demo8 that color, and paint the wheels yellow, but it voids Specialized's warranty. Wow, I can't believe you have that pic. I had that as wall paper for a solid 6 months. Good work!.
here's another pic:

that WAS my Bullit..
I was the one that was selling it on Ebay... just the frame though...
kept the suspension and all the parts.. put the fork here:

here's my gf's Bullit i'm slapping together for her.. just got it sprayed, waiting for the Fox 36 fork

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
MY BAD. after the initial registration it asks for # and address if you want any info from some of their sponsors. i didn't look far enough ahead and didn't realize that i could just say "No Thanks" and continue on.
jeez, you don't have to be so grouchy. it was just a simple mistake.