Quantcast

Bully's and ledges....ride pics

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
just a few ride shots from today. (pics are xpost from south forum)

alex, (escapeartist) stole noah's bike and threw down....noah kicked him in the jimmy later and took it back.

check the expressions :thumb: :D (danW/Lil' Manimal spectating, escapeartist riding)

Lil' Manimal (noah) flying down a cement ledge to a drop

making the drop at the end

hope that helped all you bored cubicle warriors :D

i can post the vid of the ledge drop if you guys want...just let me know

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I found (and stole) the Noah video (No Longer Owned) from FRS, and showed it to several people over the weekend. Everyone agrees; Noah rocks!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
stinkyboy said:
I found (and stole) the Noah video (No Longer Owned) from FRS, and showed it to several people over the weekend. Everyone agrees; Noah rocks!

cool, i can email you the full size version of any of his vids if you want. just pm me w/ your email. the ones on FRS are so compressed that they look crappy

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Manimal, you ever have any rent-a-cops run out and "threaten" you when you are riding stairs/ledges?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
sanjuro said:
Manimal, you ever have any rent-a-cops run out and "threaten" you when you are riding stairs/ledges?

yup. i posted in the urban rides thread of the south forum about my conversation with the college police. we used to get hassled all the time until i introduced myself and explained that we weren't damaging anything and understood the risks. they just asked us to stay off of surfaces that could be marked up and the expensive stuff like granite. i'll occasionally run into a security guard/rent-a-cop but a decent attitude and the punk card usually works :D

i never seem to get hassled when riding w/ noah....most people just don't expect him to be hucking stairs; we give off the appearance of a liesurely father/son ride, well, minus the full-face and pads ;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
greg447 said:
Has Noah ever taken a digger before?

haha...do a search for "lil manimal" and you'll turn up a BUNCH of threads with some of his crashes.

here are links to vids of some of his better ones (not sure if all the vids have crashes or not)

http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=965&filename=frsvid965.wmv

http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=931&filename=frsvid931.wmv

this one leaves you hangin at the end :D 'twas a nasty crash
http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=924&filename=frsvid924.wmv

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
manimal said:
cool, i can email you the full size version of any of his vids if you want. just pm me w/ your email. the ones on FRS are so compressed that they look crappy
I love your threads about your son. My little guy is almost 6 months now and I can't wait to get him on a bike when he's big enough. It's a little weird thinking "I can't wait until I'm in my late 30's so I can ride with my son." I guess getting older does have its nice points.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
noah has an open and lifetime invitation to windrock mt.

heck, i'd build a trail just for him.
but it won't be long before he'll be rippin the good stuff.

so why bother.

this is definately how national and world champions are developed.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
loco said:
Well - we must be idiots in TX. rideit posted the pics on mojo and there are far more "his dad shouldn't let him ride like that" posts than there are "that kids kicks ass". Maybe you folks are right about TX.

Link if you care - http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/showthread.php?p=580960&posted=1#post580960

haha....that Mr. Z must not have kids, or if he does, they probably live in a bubble :rolleyes: i think everyone knows that noah is the one pushing himself, i'm always concerned about becoming a "bmx dad" and driving him out of the sport. i try and allow him the opportunity to progress but he knows that at the end of the day i'm proud of him no matter what he does; whether it's huck a ledge or clean up his room. just last week we were all out at our local "spot" hitting up a huge table that has a super steep run in, pretty much just a big g-out. drop in, jump out. anyway, i told noah that it was too steep/fast for him and to just watch but after about 5 minutes he decided it was his turn. the kid LAUNCHED it! i think escapeartist has the vid somewhere. the point of this is to show that he has reached the point of knowing his limits. he'll tell me if he doesnt want to try something and so we just go onto the next thing. the last thing i want for him is to get seriously hurt and quit riding but at the same time we both know the risks that come along with this style of riding and accept it.

i think most of the TX guys are coming from a XC or road background and don't understand how different noah's perception of riding is. he grew up watching vids like superheroes, the kranked series, chainsmoke, and NWD's ....instead of the usual barney. his first uncoached word was "bike". i'm thankful everyday to have a son that shares my passion for riding and is eager to progress. he has taken some harder hits than many adult XC riders will ever take, but he just keeps on getting up.
so am i wrong for letting my son take chances? last time i checked, kids are gonna get hurt no matter how much you protect them. heck, he's the only kid in my neighborhood that religiously wears a helmet :thumb:
would things be different if i was a roadie or strictly XC guy and he didn't see me doing these type of things?
like father

like son :D

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
It's probably not any less dangerous than all of the stupid stuff I did when I was a kid, at least you are there to make sure he's ok. I think I only had like 3 teeth fall out naturally...