Quantcast

Bummed! Bike Jacked on way to Whistler

mellow_sparky

Monkey
Aug 21, 2009
Washington State
Stopped off in New Westminster on my way up to Whistler. Parked on the street and hopped into a restaurant for 30 minutes. Came back out and my Thule T2 hitch rack was destroyed and the bike gone (destroyed because it was all locked up). Cops are looking for it - but I'm not optimistic.

It's metallic silver kona dawg deluxe. Mavic rims with black Hadley hubs. Peaty lock-on grips with red caps and new Avid Elixir brakes...

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Damn that sucks. Thieves cut my roof rack almost 3 weeks ago and stole my Morewood Shova so I seriously know your pain. Good luck man...keep your chin up (it's hard).

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Shiz. That sucks. There are NO good areas to leave a bike unattended around Vancouver.

Not much help now I suppose...

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
That sucks. My bike rack was pried off my car a couple of months ago. I was really thankful my bike wasn't on it. Good luck - I hope they find it and beat the snot out of the theives in the process!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
This is the real reason Canada doesn't want you to bring your guns in.
Find who stole it, kill them, get your bike and have a beer.

psychodad

Chimp
Jun 24, 2008
New York
If it makes you guys feel any better, I caught a bike thief redhanded about 10 years ago trying to take my GF Joshua off my car while I went into a supermarket. I was in there for about 2 minutes and he just about had it off the rack.
I grabbed his shirt, spun him around and yelled "What the $%^& do you think your doing?" and was ready to punch his head inside out.
He went totally limp and I dragged him into the supermarket by his shirt and called the police. And I do mean totally limp and I dragged him in on his heals. He went off in cuffs and I went to the police station and pressed charges ans he was charged with grand larceny.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
If it makes you guys feel any better, I caught a bike thief redhanded about 10 years ago trying to take my GF Joshua off my car while I went into a supermarket. I was in there for about 2 minutes and he just about had it off the rack.
I grabbed his shirt, spun him around and yelled "What the $%^& do you think your doing?" and was ready to punch his head inside out.
He went totally limp and I dragged him into the supermarket by his shirt and called the police. And I do mean totally limp and I dragged him in on his heals. He went off in cuffs and I went to the police station and pressed charges ans he was charged with grand larceny.
Judging by this story and your username, I would definitely NOT want to ever f*ck with you. Must be quite the intimidating character. ;)

To the OP, I'm really sorry. Sadly, I know that feeling all too well... :( I hope insurance takes care of it and the asshat who stole it gets what's coming to him.

And yes, I agree. Kill all bike thieves.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Worked on a Joshua today. After riding it around, turns out had he actually kept it, he may have never stolen anything again. I'd be straight up pissed if I had stolen one of those. :D

Kidding of course.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bike thieves are just horrible cowards.

This vid still gives me a big smile: