Quantcast

>>>>> Bummer Thursday GTM >

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to race 100 mile MTB races around the US and would ride road centuries most months too. Haven't done either in a long time but I've suddenly got the desire to do dumb things. Stupid COVID limits my desire to be around hundreds of people to race, but I did map out a training ride this morning...

View attachment 170265

I might need to N+1 to have a suitable XC bike again.

I miss being able to churn out 100+ mile rides around desolate parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I used to race 100 mile MTB races around the US and would ride road centuries most months too. Haven't done either in a long time but I've suddenly got the desire to do dumb things. Stupid COVID limits my desire to be around hundreds of people to race, but I did map out a training ride this morning...

View attachment 170265

You are nuts. S caught the crazy too? Or is she smart enough to cuddle the dog while you are getting this out of your system?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

View attachment 170265

scott spark

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL1 is still writing checks. She's now had two, including a mtge check show up late because of mail delays. At least with auto pay, you know the bank will send it on time for the check to be there properly or they will have an electronic connection to the counterparty and send directly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Canyon Lux Trail is my favoured at the moment based on geo numbers and 2 bottles inside the triangle is a big plus.

(plus available complete build specs and $)

I am kind of thinking my Ti RSD Middlechild might be able to play the role of a good all around bike including XC duty. Slack enough head angle to tackle the steep stuff, normal seat tube for long days pedalling and springy enough for comfort. Only 1 ride on it before we turned into water world but I can say it can handle relatively spicy steep stuff.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Checks... man yall are behind the times. Paying with credit card or debit in the US always baffles me, with how insecure some of the transactions are.

I don't think any business up here will even accept personal checks anymore.

And there is pretty much no more using CC/debit with magnetic stripe readers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We've lived here 9 years and still get mail for at least two prior owners. I just throw it in the trash at this point.

I get mail from the last 5 residents of my house, including regular legal documents for the last one. For over a year I would write return to sender wrong address and mail it back, but kept getting mail. Then I actually reached out to the person when they were getting mail from the state judiciary, they came and picked it up, I asked them to update their mailing address, they never did. Fuck'em, All garbage now.

I also get family christmas cards for a lady that lived here and died over 7 years ago. I don't think I should be the one to tell them but I have considered "return to sender, deceased"

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
like on your credit union's website. Set up them as a payee. Pick the date. Then they either ACH transfer (if the receiving party is known to them) or the credit union mails them a check.

Equally secure as you writing one, only automated, you don't have to write the check, and you don't have to post it in the mail.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I get mail from the last 5 residents of my house, including regular legal documents for the last one. For over a year I would write return to sender wrong address and mail it back, but kept getting mail. Then I actually reached out to the person when they were getting mail from the state judiciary, they came and picked it up, I asked them to update their mailing address, they never did. Fuck'em, All garbage now.

I also get family christmas cards for a lady that lived here and died over 7 years ago. I don't think I should be the one to tell them but I have considered "return to sender, deceased"
Yea, the first year I would RTS stuff, but that got tedious. These days it's just junk mail. Still a pain in the ass. I can't babysit these lazy fucks forever.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We've lived here 9 years and still get mail for at least two prior owners. I just throw it in the trash at this point.
I was "wrong address'ing" it for a while. But once we crossed the threshold of him almost killing me and having to payout >$50k in repairs due to his fuck up's, shabby repairs, and intentionally misrepresentation during the sale I just started throwing it away. If he hasn't figured out his address issues with the IRS and debt collectors, tough shit.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Previous renter of my place has an ongoing, probably scamtastic, lawsuit with PF Changs. Figure it out when I accidently opened one of his letters, then we started getting literally dozens of the same thing from a credit processing company. Turned out he was running an "online store" charging stolen credit card numbers and using my address. Handed the mailman an entire grocery bag of the credit card letters and have largely stopped receiving Ben Seay's mail ever since.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I am kind of thinking my Ti RSD Middlechild might be able to play the role of a good all around bike including XC duty. Slack enough head angle to tackle the steep stuff, normal seat tube for long days pedalling and springy enough for comfort. Only 1 ride on it before we turned into water world but I can say it can handle relatively spicy steep stuff.
I've got my Ti 29er, currently setup rigid, I do have a squish fork for it or my GG Smash. The 29er has done many racing miles in former guises. But if I do decide to do something about this, I think I want a lightweight ~120mm full squish bike to slightly lessen how beaten up the rides will make me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was "wrong address'ing" it for a while. But once we crossed the threshold of him almost killing me and having to payout >$50k in repairs due to his fuck up's, shabby repairs, and intentionally misrepresentation during the sale I just started throwing it away. If he hasn't figured out his address issues with the IRS and debt collectors, tough shit.
bad electrical work?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
"I can do it, but because it will be forcing other clients to be potentially delayed, the priority rate will be 2x". If they don't balk, money speaks.
my usual rate is already set a 1.5x It's in the really fine prints... ;)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
snowmaggedon forecast according to weather channel app went from 8 to 12 inches sunday to 1 to 3....in the span of 4 hours this morning....

i am dissapoint....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wooot first outdoor activity of 2022 completed, a short walk onto the lake.

The bay where we live is apparently frozen all the way across, but still open water a little further north.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
pain in lower back came back with a vengeance on Monday. Monday and Tuesday nights were excruciating, none of the pain meds helped much. Yesterday and today I've been able to not take meds, but there is still pain. I'm friggin exhausted. The pain, work, and homeschooling are taking their toll. I tried a concoction of 1/3 THC - 2/3 CBD to help me sleep at night. Works decent. Sound sleep, and no weed hangover this morning.

Indian tonight. But their tandoori oven ain't workin' so no Naan. :disgust:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I totally missed the moment when shocks went metric.

@slyfink the wife just tried making chana masala at home for the first time and it wasn't half bad. Celiac so no naan anyhow, just rice, southern-style.