Quantcast

bumper sticker

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In my opinion a logical person who chooses to be religious looks to religion to explains those things which science falls short on.
Again.....it kind of depends on whether you deem psychology to be science or not. I kind of do.

Really? I know the term quantum dynamics makes things seem ordered but take a look at the string theory or the SUPERSTRING THOERY and prepare for your brain to explode in 11 dimensions.
I just think it's funny that you assume I haven't. :rofl:

Have a good weekend.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
ok guys, most of you are atheist. i can respect it i guess. but what exactly do you think happens when you die?
You've been taught that something happens, in most cases, heaven if you've done exactly what you've been told and not stirred up the masses, hell if you did anything your religion told you not to. And to abate the natural fear of !. death and 2. the unknown

What do you think happens when fishies and kittys and doggies die? Do thet go to heaven? What about the cow that sacrificed his or her all to provide you with the Carl Jr's or In and Out burger?

What if some thing does happen? What if you reincarnate? What if you just rot?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I'll tell you why not. Because if you live your life with the assumption that you've got something better coming next, then a couple of logical catastrophes follow:
- you won't live this life to the fullest, which is a damn shame if it turns out you don't get another one.
- people, animals, earth suddenly have less value because they're just a stepping stone to this next life. who cares if you destroy the planet?
- it establishes a hierarchy of you above people who aren't going to that wonderful next place, which means you have an obligation to "save" them.
- alternative beliefs of afterlife become tremendously threatening. If you're investing this entire life into an effort to get to that next one, getting it wrong has major consequences (you don't get in). Reconciling views of two people who think they know the "one true way" is often a bloody process.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
- alternative beliefs of afterlife become tremendously threatening. If you're investing this entire life into an effort to get to that next one, getting it wrong has major consequences (you don't get in). Reconciling views of two people who think they know the "one true way" is often a bloody process.
This one right here has caused a very high number of violent conflicts throughout human history.

While I do believe in a "supreme being" (and my definition of that is just the rules that govern the universe, and the difference between what is right and what is wrong) - I am against organized religion. It just gives people another aspect with which to differentiate another group and say "look at them, they're different than we are, and that's bad"

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Nothing uglier than a "Ditka vs Chuck Norris" debate, I tell you whut....
Chuck Norris' tears can cure cancer....

Too bad he never cries! :eek:

P.S. sorry for the assumption Kidwoo. That shiz is still a little crazy sounding no matter how many equations back it up, I mean 11 dimensions? WTF!

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Jack Handey said:
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did.
See, it's not that hard to explain...