Quantcast

Burgers, etc

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
In a week I am off to my annual trip to the desert SW. This time I'd like to add in some good food for the brief time in actually in Vegas. Or maybe you know where I can get a killer burger in 29 Palms. Or the best breakfast in Page, AZ. I'm open to all good recommendations and there should also be a good tap.

C'mon Monkeys, spill it

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you gotta be a giant douche if you order a $200 burger...
not if it was on the company dime. bill came out to be $2000 for the 5 of us.
i miss expense accounts.

youd have to be a giant douche if you didnt order one.

edit: and during CES, everything is marked up through the nose

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not if it was on the company dime. bill came out to be $2000 for the 5 of us.
i miss expense accounts.

youd have to be a giant douche if you didnt order one.

edit: and during CES, everything is marked up through the nose
with $400/head meals submitted, i'm surprised you actually got to use an expense account more than once.

unless you were hanging w/ Stoney's crew, where it's expected.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
with $400/head meals submitted, i'm surprised you actually got to use an expense account more than once.
that was just for one night...i had to entertain for the 4 nights i was there. my credit card was smoking by the end of the week. the "cheap" nights were the nights we went to the Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood....which arent cheap.
i of course was expected to write $500k in business for the week :(

C'mon! This is MY dime so it's gotta be affordable and really good.
are you going to the strip at all or looking for something outside of town?

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
that was just for one night...i had to entertain for the 4 nights i was there. my credit card was smoking by the end of the week. the "cheap" nights were the nights we went to the Hard Rock or Planet Hollywood....which arent cheap.
i of course was expected to write $500k in business for the week :(

are you going to the strip at all or looking for something outside of town?
If it's worth it, I'll go to the Strip. Basically, though, I use Vegas as the launchpad to get over to Death Valley, etc. but I'll have a couple of nights in town, too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I can only reccomend the Route 66 Dog Haus in Flagstaff cuz that is the only place i can remember having a burger in the SW....great grease bomb burgers, slaw dogs & my favorite the sea dog, shich is a fried piece of cod & american cheese in a hot dog bun covered in slaw. I approve of there fries too.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
In a week I am off to my annual trip to the desert SW. This time I'd like to add in some good food for the brief time in actually in Vegas. Or maybe you know where I can get a killer burger in 29 Palms. Or the best breakfast in Page, AZ. I'm open to all good recommendations and there should also be a good tap.

C'mon Monkeys, spill it
Are you going to make it down to Sedona? Cowboy Club has a really good buffalo burger and Oak Creek/Four Peaks on-tap to go with it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Edit: I would not pay $200 for a burger just out of principle. "Spend the money like it's my own" is my attitude towards my work related travel expenses. Then again, I don't have to schmooze.
when customers give you $10mil/year in business, $2000 is nothing and is expected during CES.
it hurts your credit card at first but it obviously gets paid back 100% and i get the airline mileage because of it

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
when customers give you $10mil/year in business, $2000 is nothing and is expected during CES.
it hurts your credit card at first but it obviously gets paid back 100% and i get the airline mileage because of it
plus cash advances for hookers & blow?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
In-N-Out has to be the most over-hyped place I've ever been to. Maybe I shouldn't have been expecting something better than a fast food burger, but it was one of the most disappointing meals I've had.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
In-N-Out has to be the most over-hyped place I've ever been to. Maybe I shouldn't have been expecting something better than a fast food burger, but it was one of the most disappointing meals I've had.
This is a common problem. My brother (from NYC) was also disappointed when he was out here in Cali last year. He thought it would be as good as Shake Shack...

IMO, it's definitely better than most other fast food garbage, both in terms of taste and food quality. But at the end of the day it's still a pretty basic burger, with none of the preservative and chemical-laden crap sauces and stuff that other places rely on for more flavor. Going "animal style" improves things, but still.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
I found some really good burgers in Springdale, UT at Oscar's Cafe. A Polygamy Porter to wash 'em down and life was gooooooooooooood. Also, at the SnowCap in Seligman, AZ. The burger was fresh and tasty and the fudge malt (made with hot fudge sauce) is one of the best anywhere