Quantcast

Burke Bike Park

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Hey guys, I just have to put in a little plug for Burke Bike Park following a perfect Sunday of riding there. We called the audible and went there in favor of Highland yesterday to avoid standing in line. Well that worked! I think I stood behind somebody else only once all day. The park has only been open for part of a year now and is still in early stages of building out, so we only rode three trails and really mostly stuck to Knightslayer. The truth is though, if the trails are good, you really don't need all that many. Knightslayer is quite a trail. Big jumps, bigger than Hellion, but no mandatory gaps or jumps. It feels a lot different than Hellion in that you don't need as much speed, and the jumps tend to throw you up instead of out. I'm not a good jumper, but 6 hours of non-stop riding does let you improve for sure. The new trail Jester is looking really cool. It looks like it's about 1/3 done now. The top section is open, but in need of rain as it's so new it was all dusty and soft. Man, many lines and will be total chaos. If you are in the area and haven't been, go up and check it out!

Oh yeah, lunch, table service outside in sight of the lift for $12!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm with stupid ^^^

Burke is not necessarily a lift destination, but it's a must go if you're headed up for the kingdom trails. I liked knightslayer better than hellion or anything at highland. It's a trail that was built right from the start, and you can be ultra good or kind of sucky and still have fun on it. It's just a shame that they don't have more trails...hopefully soon.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Looking forward to checking out Burke and kingdom trails. I've heard lots of good things about it - I just need to get off my butt now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yeah, from montreal you're insano if you don't go. It seems overpriced at 30 bucks, but when you factor in that you get the trail pass as well, you could spend a morning jumping, head off into the KT, then get back out for some late day yumps again. Enchanted forest is great on a trailbike, but a real DH bike would be hyper overkill...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, from montreal you're insano if you don't go. It seems overpriced at 30 bucks, but when you factor in that you get the trail pass as well, you could spend a morning jumping, head off into the KT, then get back out for some late day yumps again. Enchanted forest is great on a trailbike, but a real DH bike would be hyper overkill...
Sounds like a plan! Only have one mountain bike these days, sounds perfect for this.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Hey Northeasterners, if you haven't been up to Burke yet, you have a month left. I finally got to ride Jester in it's entirety today. The trail is just unreal. They did such a good job to make a trail that can be ridden by little kids, but still be a challenge for better riders. Knightslayer is still great, and maybe I like it more, but Jester is on another level. In fact I rode all day on just Jester trying to get it dialed. So cool that they could make a trail do that.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Hey Northeasterners, if you haven't been up to Burke yet, you have a month left. I finally got to ride Jester in it's entirety today. The trail is just unreal. They did such a good job to make a trail that can be ridden by little kids, but still be a challenge for better riders. Knightslayer is still great, and maybe I like it more, but Jester is on another level. In fact I rode all day on just Jester trying to get it dialed. So cool that they could make a trail do that.
Ditto, rode there today for the first time. Lots of fun - great place.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Nice. What day were you up there? One of my favorite sections is just above where you started this. The quick back to back high speed straight-line berms. Good stuff.
I was there on the 18th. I drove up just for the day. Yea, I don't know why I didn't record that section. This wasn't supposed to be the final take but my bike just got worse and needed attention. I ended up shiming the rear wheel with a piece of plastic I found on the trail to get the wheel straight. But by then it was lunch time and I still wanted to do a few hours on Darling hill before making the 4 hour drive home.