Quantcast

Burlington, VT

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Question for all the VT monkeys. I am scheduled to go up to the Burlington, VT area for work for a few days next week. I'm really tempted to take my bike, however, I will be flying and probably would only have time to ride for a few hours in late afternoon. So, I wouldn't be able to drive over to Kingdom trails, but are there other good trails near Burlington? I will have a rental car, just not the time to go very far.

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Thanks for the info and links, jbp!

I was thinking more along the lines of trail (XC?) rides rather than DH. Do parks and XC trails up there close to bikes seasonally? Also, looks like my time frame has expanded from three days to five or possible more, so I will definitely try to take my trail bike with me. Now I need to find a big hockey gear bag.

Last edited:

D.2

Monkey
Jun 17, 2010
Medway, MA
How are those Green Mountain Trails JBP? I've never ridden there. Could be a total oversight on my part.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How are those Green Mountain Trails JBP? I've never ridden there. Could be a total oversight on my part.
Total oversight indeed. One of my favorite spot. Cool little town, empty trails, just like Kingdom Trails 10 years ago.

Ok, thanks. So are conditions still wet, muddy and snowy up there?
Wet and muddy except as noted. I have about a mile of trail on my land and just decided it was dry enough to ride today.

Total oversight indeed. One of my favorite spot. Cool little town, empty trails, just like Kingdom Trails 10 years ago.
Agreed.

Last edited:

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Reading up on those links, doing other research and checking the weather, it doesn't seem to be too great conditions to ride for my trip. Probably not going to take a bike. If there is a good day, maybe I'll to find a rental or demo bike.