Quantcast

burly bars

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
personally for heavy duty bars i say the .243 cromo jump bars. either that or raceface diabolus 31.8

edit: ignore this post if ur talkin about bmx bars

Sep 17, 2003
Originally posted by Ifelloffabike
i think cromo bars are overkill on a bike with suspension.
i ride a rigid trek bruiser spoon.....243 chromo sound sweet, if i can find a distributor.....

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
BTI sells .243 now, so most shops can order it for you.

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
i did too but was too lazy to come back and find the thread...'you work at a shop? might try and just call up .243 tomorrow and get a set from them direct...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Originally posted by Dirty
how about gack bars?
I just bought and then sold a set of Gack DJ bars. Hated 'em. They had NO sweep at all, killed my wrists. But looked friggin KILLER! That, and you need to buy a BMX stem as well. That's always annoying. I wanna check out a set of .243's next, but have never seen the specs. I currently run the Azonic Ultra cross bar and it's alright. I've never landed hard enough to test their strength, but I think they'll survive. Not real fond of the cheesy bolt on brace, though. Damn think comes loose every 2 months or so and it takes me like an hour to find the damn noise! Right under my nose, but you would swear it's coming from 12 feet behind you! I must have retightened my brake calipers about 14 times. :rolleyes:

Dirty

Aug 3, 2003
well .243s also are 22.2 arent they? isnt standard BMX 22.2 and standard MTB 25.4....?

Sep 17, 2003
Originally posted by Dirty
well .243s also are 22.2 arent they? isnt standard BMX 22.2 and standard MTB 25.4....?
yeah, i will have to get a new stem.I have lots of bmx friends i should be able to get a stem no prob.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Thanks, now I can continue being a fat lazy bastid! But I don't understand what the deal with not being able to buy them anywhere, that's just friggin' retarded! It's kinda' like freak formerly known as Prince ONLY selling albums on the web, and not in a store....but atleast you COULD still buy them!:rolleyes:
Where do you buy .243 bars??? There was a set in Buy and sell awhile back, but they were already cut down...I was pretty bummed.
Money maker: Why hasn't anyone though of a resto kit similar to a bar saver plug that restored bars to their original length??? A lock-on grip would only further strengthen the setup. I'm too lazy to make any money, someone else do it, and I'll buy it.

Sep 17, 2003
i just got an email from eric @.243 and he said,
"Hmmmm... and shop with a BTI catalog can order our stuff.

If BTI is out, it won't be for long because we are sending more stuff down to them this week.

In a pinch I can hook you or a shop up directly, but the brokerage, shipping, taxes, etc. will make you puke!

Eric @ .243"

ill try my lbs tomorrow...