Quantcast

Burly XC shuttle ride Sunday? anyone?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
1,011
0
Duvall
That looks great on the map Skooks. You might hit one before Gearz did!!! ;)

Alas, i'm too short for time so it's an afternoon session at Galby while it's still dry. I'll be thinkin' of ya though. Coming down Jolly will take some sack.
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,523
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
You suck! :nuts:

I went for my first ride tonight...on the stoopid road :blah:I was wearing Kevin's slippers and got them caught in the cranks. Almost biffed it :nope:
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,189
0
in a bear cave
Borneo said:
Coming down Jolly will take some sack.
ahh it's not THAT bad. :evil:

Snacks said:
I went for my first ride tonight...on the stoopid road :blah:I was wearing Kevin's slippers and got them caught in the cranks. Almost biffed it :nope:
Hmmm dammit i'll have to figure something else out.... i was gonna call Kevin and borrow his slippers for this ride but not now. :monkey:
 

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
1,064
0
PNW
Sorry, we can't make it! We are heading to the Broken Spoke Festival this weekend! You should go Skook...they have an xc race with lots of climbing! :D
 

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
4,393
1,987
Yakistan
hey i'd be interested, but my bike isnt set up for xc climbing. its single speeded with 32-15. whats a good climbing gear i could put on?
 

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
5,119
6
Witness relocation housing
boostindoubles said:
hey i'd be interested, but my bike isnt set up for xc climbing. its single speeded with 32-15. whats a good climbing gear i could put on?
try a 34 in the back and a 22 in the front..... I dont think you'd have too much fun doing one of times hell rides on a SS bike, unless your Psycho Mike.....
 

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
4,393
1,987
Yakistan
the way this bike is set up, i couldnt climb very effectively. But i have ridden it all over galbrieth up in b-ham, and had a blast. 21 miles isnt out of my reach, even for the single speed. I just need a good climbing gear, and then everything else is coasting downhill
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,189
0
in a bear cave
MUTOLI said:
You should go Skook...they have an xc race with lots of climbing! :D
No thanx if i ever race it'll be DH. ;) But that day may never come.


boostindoubles said:
the way this bike is set up, i couldnt climb very effectively. But i have ridden it all over galbrieth up in b-ham, and had a blast. 21 miles isnt out of my reach, even for the single speed. I just need a good climbing gear, and then everything else is coasting downhill
Stick a granny cog in and you're good to go. i always hit a high cadence spin and just take it easy on the climbs, so i can save the gas to have fun on the dh. This is definately going to be a ride focused on speed on the down more than the up.
If you're serious lemme know, it'll be way too much fun. :D

Dave_Schuldt said:
A ride so sick that nobody has signed up yet.
And nobody probably will either. It's hard to find riders who like techy dh that you have to climb to. Just the way it is....
i feel so alone. i'm gonna go cry now.... :( :monkey:
 

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
4,393
1,987
Yakistan
i'll get that climbing cog put on my rear wheel tomorrow. And i need to put on my spare front wheel, my current wheel has tons of play. I think my hub needs help
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,189
0
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Don't cry :nope: I'll dream about you tonight to make you feel better :love:

I'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I work rearry hard to stay nice and fit
But none of the women seem to give a ****
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery


 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,189
0
in a bear cave
boostindoubles said:
i'll get that climbing cog put on my rear wheel tomorrow. And i need to put on my spare front wheel, my current wheel has tons of play. I think my hub needs help
Cool we'll see ya at North Bend in the morn?
 

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
10,189
0
in a bear cave
trailhacker said:
Where'd ya ride?
Just down the road from where i'm gonna ride tomorrow haha i'm such a weirdo! Was a wierd story the girl with the horse called and i rode with her. it was a great ride i'll probably post up pics tomorrow. :cool:
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,523
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Just down the road from where i'm gonna ride tomorrow haha i'm such a weirdo! Was a wierd story the girl with the horse called and i rode with her. it was a great ride i'll probably post up pics tomorrow. :cool:
That rock looks hella fun...ya, you are a weirdo :p I hope your knee gets better! :(