Quantcast

BurlyShirley's Handjob (open at your own risk)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
BTI doesn't "stock" Cove frames. BTI just dropships the frame from Cove to the ordering shop when they get an order. So just because BTI says no stock on the website doesn't mean you can't get them. If Cove has the stock then BTI has the stock.

A friend ordered a frame from them and it showed in a week. If I remember he got killed on customs duties.... so you may want to find out what that's going to be beforehand.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah good. Im going to go into work early today and try and get this thing ordered already.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I was going to start a thread called. "canadians. I need a handjob" and see if a monkey could pick one up for me and ship it if I paypal them the funds... but I hope BTI works.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
valve bouncer said:
I hope they don't jerk you around Shirl. Nothing worse than tossing ya money away.
That'd be hard to swallow. Make sure they check the frame over well, you don't want to have to ream out your own seat tube cos of overspray.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
Yeah good. Im going to go into work early today and try and get this thing ordered already.
I'm looking forward to hearing about how it rides. After reading your threads I checked out the frame at Cove's website and now I am thinking of getting one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Are you getting the handjob instead of the chameleon? I would think the Stifee would be more your style. I have ridden the Stifee and it was nice. I don't see many Cove's around here though.

Sold bikes for sure.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
jimmydean said:
Are you getting the handjob instead of the chameleon? I would think the Stifee would be more your style. I have ridden the Stifee and it was nice. I don't see many Cove's around here though.

Sold bikes for sure.
Frames like the Stiffee are a dime a dozen. Ala Chemeleon, Scirocco, etc. ect... I like them fine but its not what Im looking for.

I wanted a steel trail bike that could accept a 5" fork. I really couldnt find something else that fit the bill, except something shoddy looking like the DMR trailstar.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I may have my fingers on a geared On-One Inbred frame soon...to replace my tin Parkpre frame that is too small. Yeees...