Quantcast

Burn?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I think this is one that Westy has done...not sure if he's doing it this year. I'd love to but haven't registered. I doubt that I would be ready for solo at that point, but I hear great things about the race.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
yeah im pretty sure westy was there the year i got broken... but the race is awesome if i wasnt in cali right now nursing a broken neck id be there... yeah i have become an injury magnet...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
thats where i broke my collarbone two years ago... on the day before the race... warming up....
Holy ****! I didn't know that was you, you were riding duo with Stuart?

You should keep things planted to the ground.

Right now the plan is to ride it on a duo team. I've come to the conclusion that I can't slow myself down to a pace were I can finish a 24.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
doing Burn is still in the planning/see if we can get time off of work stage.

but IF we actually go, the plan is to ride SS's (even thou there is no SS class)
SS doesn't need a class.:twitch:

It is a decent SS course except for one steeper hill that a whole bunch of geared riders end up pushing.

JapaneseZero

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Virginia
Holy ****! I didn't know that was you, you were riding duo with Stuart?

You should keep things planted to the ground.

Right now the plan is to ride it on a duo team. I've come to the conclusion that I can't slow myself down to a pace were I can finish a 24.
Yeah that was me... when i get back into town (july) we should get a ride together with stew...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am out.

instead, I guess we're doing some crazy long ride, getting up at 4am..riding forever, no sleep - I have no clue whats she talking about but I agree'd to it anyway. :bonk:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy - can you give me a course description?
It is 95% wide singletrack on some properly benched trail. All in the woods on good hard southern dirt, some roots but not too many rocks. A few decent climbs but nothing huge and nothing that most would need to use the granny gear for when fresh. The high points of the trail are some nicely bermed corners and a bunch of grade dips that can be used to get airborn. It is a really fun flowy trail that begs you to push the limits of speed. The downhills are not that steep but long enough where you can carry a lot of speed and test your cornering skills. They actually hold some Super D races there, you can check out the South regional forum for some photos under the Dark Mountain Super D threads. I really like the course, that is why I am going back again.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It is 95% wide singletrack on some properly benched trail. All in the woods on good hard southern dirt, some roots but not too many rocks. A few decent climbs but nothing huge and nothing that most would need to use the granny gear for when fresh. The high points of the trail are some nicely bermed corners and a bunch of grade dips that can be used to get airborn. It is a really fun flowy trail that begs you to push the limits of speed. The downhills are not that steep but long enough where you can carry a lot of speed and test your cornering skills. They actually hold some Super D races there, you can check out the South regional forum for some photos under the Dark Mountain Super D threads. I really like the course, that is why I am going back again.
:thumb: Sounds like fun!!!! Now, I just have to convince Sq-Earl that we need to go. He was talking about trying a solo at some point, but that would mean we don't have support too :think: