Quantcast

Burned by Brown!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
So I spent the Memorial Day weekend in Moab.

But I was flying standby to get to Salt Lake to meet my friends and decided to ship my camping stuff via UPS so that I didn't have to schlep it through an airport or risk it not showing up when I did...lost luggage and all of that.

Buuuuuuut. UPS burned me. I shipped 2nd day air last Monday. The package arrived......yesterday. I had to go buy a new tent and sleeping bags and borrow a bunch of other stuff.

Very displeased with UPS.

Beyond that.....Moab rocked!

J

JRB

UPS NEVER gets it on time with 2nd day. This time I will use NEVER. They charge the hell out of you too.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Yeah, well it's the last time I'll ship anything of import with UPS.

No photos of the riding. I'm terrible about that. But there are some pics of the camping and a hike we did at Arches Nat'l Monument forthcoming.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
You can rent tents and sleeping bags at REI. SLC has several of them, I think. :think:

-S.S.-
NOW isn't the best time to tell him. :think:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I sent something for 3 day shipping on a Wednesday, the tracking said it was delayed until Tuesday, but it showed up on Saturday. Meaning that they stuck by their word and got it there within three days. It went 3,000 miles too.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Still better than my fed ex 2 day air experience. It took 4 days. Maybe its time to try DHL?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
mack said:
Still better than my fed ex 2 day air experience. It took 4 days. Maybe its time to try DHL?
Uh, re-read True's last post and do the math, your 4-day 2-day was twice as fast as his 8-day 2-day.

:think: