Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey

War and Peace doesn't even come close to this whole thing.

I think there are some valid points to be made in this... and there are many different sides to a story... just like in the emotional epic "The Dirt" by Motley Cru.... and I'm not sure which 19th century novelist SPINTEK is, but I'm pretty sure it's not Blake or Wordsworth... could be Malthus though.

So basically:

Binary and Transcend - well done. Very intelligent and cogent repsonses as usual.

TeamSpeeDH - from what is evidenced here, you have thusfar retained your composure with aplomb considering the problem and those involved.

I would hope that this can be resolved in PM's from now on. At this point the word has been put out about said inequity and at the very least BOTH parties are communicating on some level.

(An abridged version of this text will be available on Cliff-Notes.com, just in time for school - Fall 08'!)

In other news, Brent Ratner has already bought the rights and hopes to have Wynona Rider star... (or if unavailable, Bea Arthur). George Lucas and ILM hope to accomplish what no other special effects team has ever done in the history of film by making responsibility dissappear.

"I have a theory that the truth is never told between 9-5 business hours."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
re: your sig and following uproar

"But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Punch her name in a google search and you tell me. Obviously I'm the only one who doesn't believe it's just in how it may affect her future.

The older I get the more I see life is a balance of Justice and Mercy. I'm not even religious, but this thread is just rediculous.
You think she is a victim of some random drive-by e-thuggery?? She did it to herself.

And let's be real. You REALLY think this is going to affect her future?? First off, let' assume that she will ever actaully apply for a job.....ever. I'm sure if she's as charming as she must think she is, then she'll have no trouble talking her way out of it....assuming anyone ever googles her name!

Ya know, TSDH, if you did get the gear back, I bet you make make triple your money back if you sold it on this site. At this point I'm sure there are some RM people who would love to buy it for the cachet...."Chrissie Pinney bitch gear!"

She could be the hottest Hallowe'en costume for 2008......like the beer looter guy!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I can't believe this thread is still alive. Pat yourself on the back, I believe you have actually beaten an 18 year old girl in the intellect of sponsor responsibilities. I don't even know this chick, but you reach a hand out willingly with no contract and then try to destroy her?? Good job.

Oh, and lets not overplay the victim role, you wanted a rider 3000 miles away because she was already in Decline and you wanted the next article to mention your name and team. I just raced MT Snow and there are plenty of fast women in New England who could use some team sponsorship, so forgive me if I don't nominate you for sponsor saint hood.
I think SPINTECK deserves to be the next victim of the RM moral compass e-jihad for bringing some alternative, and accurate, stance to this dogpile. May the Spanish Inquisition be unleashed upon you.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I think SPINTECK deserves to be the next victim of the RM moral compass e-jihad for bringing some alternative, and accurate, stance to this dogpile. May the Spanish Inquisition be unleashed upon you.

Ah Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble!!!!

Give him an unflattering custom title! An unflattering custom title!!!!!

(And Ms Pinney's should be "Beer Looter")

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
I end on this simple note or verse rather.

Luke 12:48
For unto who much is given, of them shall be much required in return: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
So is she going to pay back what she owes?

TeamSpeeDh, I'd send her a "pay or quit" notice giving her 10 days to pay you. Send it return receipt, confirmation confirmed, with the green slip from the post office. This is really you final act of due diligence in this matter. If she either refuses the letter, or does not comply with the time-line you set forth, then you proceed with legal action.

Ask the judge for the original amount, plus the 3x damages allowed in fraud cases, plus any additional damages you deem fit that the judge would find reasonable. You have an actual and provable loss due to her negligent and fraudulent actions, and no matter what her daddy tells you, this is not kosher with the law.

I would also suggest that you illicit the help of local law enforcement/the postal service. She obtained goods by false pretense through the mail system, which amounts to mail fraud. This is a criminal action, and even though they can't seem to do much else right, the USPS does not turn a kind eye on those using the mail to commit fraud.

She has no remorse nor understanding of what she did as being wrong. Her entire attitude is clearly that she's above the law, and that she is entitled to do this to you because of some internal issue within her family.

Hell, it sounds to me like she knew this was coming down the pipe and took the goods regardless. Throw everything including the kitchen sink at her.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The unfortunate thing about your plan is since he's out of state, it would end up costing more to fight it than just to eat it. At some point this will have to be let go. Karma will get her back one way or another, and sometimes that's almost better than being payed back financially.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
The unfortunate thing about your plan is since he's out of state, it would end up costing more to fight it than just to eat it. At some point this will have to be let go. Karma will get her back one way or another, and sometimes that's almost better than being payed back financially.
How do you figure?

Give someone power of attorney for this case, have them represent the material facts, collect cash.

Further, he should be able to bring it in his own jurisdiction, as that is where his business is based out of, it legally is where the contract has precedent.

Or going another route, ask the judge for your travel costs as part of your total loss.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Or going another route, ask the judge for your travel costs as part of your total loss.
A) TSDH doesn't have a solid enough case to carry the burden of proof. He simply doesn't...no written contract, a bunch of casual emails, hearsay, and a private individual he's pursuing (not to mention one who likely has negative assets). I doubt he wants to wait 6 years for his piddly judgment. If he had a solid case that wasn't muddled with personal BS, I'd be willing to drive up there to fight for him, but he doesn't.

B) No attorney in their right mind hearing a small claims case is going to award travel costs on a $400 judgment. Being an attorney, you should know that...

OP needs to accept this as a naive $400 mistake and move on...there are bigger things in life one should waste their time with.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
B) No attorney in their right mind hearing a small claims case is going to award travel costs on a $400 judgment. Being an attorney, you should know that...

OP needs to accept this as a naive $400 mistake and move on...there are bigger things in life one should waste their time with.
B) True enough. Sometimes I get into cases just on principal, but I am odd and rare.

Are the bigger things in life mostly beer?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
A) TSDH doesn't have a solid enough case to carry the burden of proof. He simply doesn't...no written contract, a bunch of casual emails, hearsay, and a private individual he's pursuing (not to mention one who likely has negative assets). I doubt he wants to wait 6 years for his piddly judgment. If he had a solid case that wasn't muddled with personal BS, I'd be willing to drive up there to fight for him, but he doesn't.

Bingo!!!!!!

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I'd still advocate going to the USPS and pursuing fraud charges.

Vindictive? Yup. However, she'll never learn without some sort of consequence.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I would also suggest that you illicit the help of local law enforcement/the postal service. She obtained goods by false pretense through the mail system, which amounts to mail fraud. This is a criminal action, and even though they can't seem to do much else right, the USPS does not turn a kind eye on those using the mail to commit fraud.
True. However, mail fraud requires the guilty party to have conceived of a scheme to deny someone something of value. While some may believe she had this planned all along, I'd tend to believe she just bagged out on her end of the deal after the fact. Irresponsible, yes, morally unacceptable...totally. But that doesn't make it a felony, and TSDH did make a leap of faith by sending stuff without a signed contract, and that does put him up ****'s creek in some ways.

The standard of criminal proof is such that, even if someone at USPIS wanted to look into the case (extraordinarily doubtful) no AUSA would touch the case. There'd be no way to secure an indictment, much less win in court.

Believe me, this is something I know about on a personal level.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
True. However, mail fraud requires the guilty party to have conceived of a scheme to deny someone something of value. While some may believe she had this planned all along, I'd tend to believe she just bagged out on her end of the deal after the fact. Irresponsible, yes, morally unacceptable...totally. But that doesn't make it a felony, and TSDH did make a leap of faith by sending stuff without a signed contract, and that does put him up ****'s creek in some ways.

The standard of criminal proof is such that, even if someone at USPIS wanted to look into the case (extraordinarily doubtful) no AUSA would touch the case. There'd be no way to secure an indictment, much less win in court.

Believe me, this is something I know about on a personal level.

So what has the system left him with? Flaming bags of doggy poo on her door step?

This seems like an unacceptable injustice. Something is very wrong with this little strumpet and this nation.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
So what has the system left him with? Flaming bags of doggy poo on her door step?

This seems like an unacceptable injustice. Something is very wrong with this little strumpet and this nation.
Small claims court? That's the perfect venue for something like this. Sucks that he's so far away, but again, he took a big risk.

Of course, the right thing would be for her to return what can be returned, if anything, and pay even-up for the rest, ending the issue.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Judge Judy!!!!!! The show probably flies you in and puts you up in a hotel!!
You didn't listen much to Doug Llewellyn, did you?

"Bost parties have agreed to dismiss their court cases and have their dispute settled here...in OUR forum...THE PEOPLE'S COURT!"

(not that he worked for Judge Judy, but I don't think she has subpoena power, either.)

Not much chance of her jumping on that...or maybe their is, since she likes free publicity...?

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz

"Bost parties have agreed to dismiss their court cases and have their dispute settled here...in OUR forum...THE PEOPLE'S COURT!"

(not that he worked for Judge Judy, but I don't think she has subpoena power, either.)

Not much chance of her jumping on that...or maybe their is, since she likes free publicity...?
I bet she'd get down on it. Seems like her style to this point

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

If this is the biggest injustice in our country that you, as a lawyer, can come up with at any point during any day, there is something seriously wrong.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If this is the biggest injustice in our country that you, as a lawyer, can come up with at any point during any day, there is something seriously wrong.
We anticipate getting screwed by "the man," the "system," GW and the rest of his Hitler Youth fun bunch, but you don't expect to get ass pillaged by someone who is: 1) an esteemed and revered member of the MTB community and 2) who came to you.

Not the biggest injustice, just one of the more annoying.

Rule one of politics: Always dance with the one who brung you...

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
We anticipate getting screwed by "the man," the "system," GW and the rest of his Hitler Youth fun bunch, but you don't expect to get ass pillaged by someone who is: 1) an esteemed and revered member of the MTB community and 2) who came to you.

Not the biggest injustice, just one of the more annoying.

Rule one of politics: Always dance with the one who brung you...
Why the hell would you not?? You shouldn't drop your pants for anyone just because they happen to be female and ride bikes and are hitting YOU up for something. Due diligence is always due (ie paperwork).

Some of the most scamming and dishonest salespeople I've encountered are naive looking women who come into our office trying to sell something.

BTW, rule one of politics is: do not give your opponent ammunition.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
How about instead of Judge Judy, someone just make a poll at the top of this thread?
Guilty
not guilty
we all get free stuff
naked pictures should be posted

Thoughts comments?

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA

Yeah, but the deal with those shows is that they fly you out, put you up in a hotel, and pay you like $3000 for appearing. Whatever is found in judgement against you is taken out of that sum. Meaning that you get to look like an ass on TV in lieu of having to pay a civil judgement out of pocket.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Yeah, but the deal with those shows is that they fly you out, put you up in a hotel, and pay you like $3000 for appearing. Whatever is found in judgement against you is taken out of that sum. Meaning that you get to look like an ass on TV in lieu of having to pay a civil judgement out of pocket.
Like I said, it's win win for all of us!

And Judge Judy unleashes her own brand of vigilante justice to encompass the intent of the law!

Status
Not open for further replies.