Quantcast

burning .avi to DVD, sound track problems?

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Using Nero Vison to burn some avis to DVD ( old BBC stuff if you must know)

I downloaded it as torrents. If I watch it on my computer, the sound track is fine, but when I burn it to DVD the sound track is way off. Not all the files in the series have this problem, just the last set. Is it a setting or a problem with the file, you think?
I am guessing file problem as I have 15 episodes, not all of them have done this. Face it, I'd rather watch them on the TV screen than the computer. Any ideas if this is fixable?

thanks as always, gg

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
what audio format do the problematic files use? Might be something other than like MP3 and not decompressing well.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
right click on the file in question and check the last tab. It will list the video and audio encoding info.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I must be an idiot today. You obviously aren't talking about windows "properties" tab ( are you?) Should I open in ....what... and then right click?

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
I must be an idiot today. You obviously aren't talking about windows "properties" tab ( are you?) Should I open in ....what... and then right click?
The file itself, if you right click on from windows and choose properties there should be a tab that list the audio and video encoding.

Something like this;

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
The summary tab does not have that info, that's why I am so confused. I did look there the first time. (thanks for your patience with this)
summary>advanced gives me the following audio info:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
well thank you. I will look at that. Worst case scenario is that I have to watch the last two espisodes on my monitor instead of the tv, I can think of worse disasters.

Just curious, why don't I get the same info on the summary tab as you do? (Win XP)

gg

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
well thank you. I will look at that. Worst case scenario is that I have to watch the last two espisodes on my monitor instead of the tv, I can think of worse disasters.

Just curious, why don't I get the same info on the summary tab as you do? (Win XP)

gg
I actually pulled that off the internet at the time, I think it may be from Linux. I was at work and it was just the best example I could find, since I had no video files on this PC. It gives the same info just on a differently named tab. Although depending on what kind of file it is and what encoding was used you can get a lot more info about the encoding.