Quantcast

Burning cassettes to CDs?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I have a ton of old tapes and would like to have CDs of the music....but not enough to go buy all the tapes on CD. A guy a work was telling me about some gizmo that lets you burn cassettes to a CD.

Anyone heard of this thing? A Google search was of little help. I know the quality wouldn't be quite as good as a new CD, but it might be better than nothing depending on the price.

Anyone seen/used one of these? Have any links?

Thanks! :thumb:

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
You could just plug a cable into your cassette player and into your soundcard. Then you could use a program such as Roxio to capture the music.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Firstly I would download everything you can on MP3 that was recorded from a digital souce, just so that it wouldn't sound like crap.

The average mic in on a soundcard just doesn't have enough bandwidth to sound decent. So if you don't want to spend money on a soundcard with line level inputs. Then I would get a decent audo program that can not only filter all the noise, but break the cassette rip into individual tracks. Nero for example.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Huh. That makes a lot more sense then buying something......except I don't have a cassette player anymore....

Maybe I could borrow one.......hmmmmm