Quantcast

Burning down the house.....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Stomach just knotted up. I just got some texts from friends that are on strike teams heading towards the Boggs and Butte Fires. Hot shot crew go burned on Boggs and got airlifted to UC Davis Burn Center, that fire has burned over 10,000 acres in less than 7 hours with multible towns getting evacuated. Mike is heading there and he is just a few years younger than me. Frank is at Butte, 8 towns evacuated, 65 homes burned 65,000 acres on fire with major spotting out in front of the main fire. Kind of glad I got too old for that shit, its dangerous as hell out there.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Butte fire is fucking up the air here...sending out good mojo and positive waves to all the fire crews, first responders and residents of the area.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stay the fuck away from the mccloud area......i have someplace i have to be there on the 22nd.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Boggs fire exploded overnight. In 18 hours the fire has burned 40,000 acres, if it keeps going a bit more South it's going to sweep though the Napa Valley Wine areas . Right now its is nearing Callistoga at the North end of the Valley

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Strong fighting vibes to all the fire fighters doing what they are trained to do.

Son was called up to an Idaho fire, gets back for 3 days, then called over to Wyoming. Apparently, he has training they need, and he's on a "loaner list" to be used where he's needed.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Positive vibes to all those fighting out there--we've lost too many to our Washington fires already. Prayers for no more casualties.