Quantcast

Burning Questions

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, why don't any gatorade/powerade/water bottles from the grocery/convenience stores fit a damn bicycle water bottle cage?

HUNH?

Is it some sort of weird size? I know they make adjustable cages, but that's not the point!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
The only reason I ask is that I forgot a water bottle on this road trip, and don't want to buy one for $15.00 or whatever. They sure didn t have that size at the Evanston Maverick.
I used to run an empty Popov bottle, it was a hit with the moms at races.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The only reason I ask is that I forgot a water bottle on this road trip, and don't want to buy one for $15.00 or whatever. They sure didn t have that size at the Evanston Maverick.
I used to run an empty Popov bottle, it was a hit with the moms at races.
I've done the same thing before. They do make one that fits.

Also trying to find a promotional water bottle in america might actually be even easier than finding that gatorade bottle shape

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've done the same thing before. They do make one that fits.

Also trying to find a promotional water bottle in america might actually be even easier than finding that gatorade bottle shape

Just need to find a pharma rep

*may cause urethral dysentery and temporary identification as a stapler

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So, why don't any gatorade/powerade/water bottles from the grocery/convenience stores fit a damn bicycle water bottle cage?

HUNH?

Is it some sort of weird size? I know they make adjustable cages, but that's not the point!
Yeah, it took a while for me to find a bottle at the store I could fit my weener through for the Iditarod so I'd have a pee-bottle I could use inside my sleeping bag.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Four Loko or whiskey.
@jackalope ... paging @jackalope and friends
I can easily lose 5lbs during after riding a few hours while drinking water, and that ain't from burning fat. You don't need to drink during a 2 hour ride if you are just trundling around.
sure, i tend not to drink much water during local rides, unless it'a super hot. but in the mtns? 'nother story.

i don't like gatorade while riding-gives my mouth a sticky feeling. the powder to mix in (or, more often, tablets like nuun, etc.) are moar better.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Lately I have been digging a light mix of water and Skratch Labs strawberry lemonade. For the last few years I was mixing my own with magnesium, potassium, fructose, and a teeny bit of salt, mixed in country time lemonade.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have Scratch, but it's way too sweet. There's one I get at REI, Vitalyte and it's stellar IME. Not crazy sweet like Scratch and others I've tried.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@jackalope ... paging @jackalope and friends

sure, i tend not to drink much water during local rides, unless it'a super hot. but in the mtns? 'nother story.

i don't like gatorade while riding-gives my mouth a sticky feeling. the powder to mix in (or, more often, tablets like nuun, etc.) are moar better.
In non-summer months I just drink water, in the summer I used to run a dilute version of gatorade but these days I will run one bottle full strength and the rest straight water be it other bottles or a camelback.