Quantcast

burton issues

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
for this winter i got a brand new sweet @$$ burton X8. its sweet and rides amazing but on my first time out second run i spider cracked the nose. no idea how and i didnt hit anything. they sent me the wrong size under warrenty. then they replaced it for the correct size. now i get the new board. first run break the nose again.

*this was park board of the year out of a 150 board shoot out*

*i suck at riding*

*it was not abused*

anybody else have burton issues?

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
Been rocking the same custom for almost 7 years.

You must suck so hard your boards are committing suicide.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Dont buy first year production ANYTHING that promises the world. They have had a few years when a large % of a new model fell apart (like any mfg)...there were a LOT of broke T6's a few years back.

Find a good shop (hope you bought it from a local retailer) that will go to bat for their customer (you). I used to take care of my customers all the time, and then make the warranty 'issue' between my shop and the mfg....but that kind of relationship with a retailer is usually 'earned'.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
the place has been VERY cool about it. they send my board back weekly. oddly enough they are all very good and ride them with no problem. i dont understand....

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
the place has been VERY cool about it. they send my board back weekly. oddly enough they are all very good and ride them with no problem. i dont understand....
Burton is a big company and can be slow dealing with these things sometimes...but in my experience (5 years of running the largest single store burton shops in washington state) they will do the right thing (especially if you have a good shop helping you out).

Why dont you ask for something else as a replacement (plus something else to make up for the $$ difference)?

Bixxle

Chimp
Dec 29, 2007
Do you only ride the park? The custom ICS is a sweet ass board too, if your looking at getting something else.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I am on my 4th free 'Dominant' board from Burton.

I break 'em, they replace 'em.

Doesn't say much for their boards, I know, but it says a hell of a lot about their replacement policy and customer relationship.

I love Burton. Their boards are sweet (if a bit disposable) and they look after you so well. Even my bindings get replaced bits as they go...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
all i do is ride park and i just got out of knee surgery which is actually why i got this board. i need to ride a really soft board that is wide for my size 14 feet. so i had no other options and since i have the EST bindings i have to get another EST board. until nextyear i am kind of stuck on it, although i love the board so much

See if they will send you a Uninc EST instead. It's basically the same board, and if you don't mind the graphics(board is usually covered in snow anyway) it's a nice set up. I'm 200 lbs. and ride the sh!t out of the park and haven't had any problems. My buddy has the custom EST and it has held up to a season of getting beat down as well. Very strange that you keep getting the same problem. Do you put the board in a car rack that clamps down on it? If so, maybe it is to tight or something is wrong with the rack. How do you store the board at home?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I loved the Burtons I've owned. I switched to a Gnu a couple seasons ago, but my next board will be either another Burton or a Ride.