Quantcast

Bush apologizes to New Orleans residents

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by N8 v2.0, Oct 20, 2005.

1. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    17 / 149
    :) :) :)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Ridemonkey

Ridemonkey This is not an active account

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    :rolleyes:

3. chicodude

chicodude The Spooninator

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 1
    yay, blame some one else....

4. MikeD

MikeD Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 62
    Jon Stewart already had a good ridiculing of ol' "Brownie" giving that same saw in earnest before the panel...

MD

5. narlus

narlus Eastcoast Softcore
    Staff Member

Rep/Likes:
    16 / 21
    i love how N8 constantly bashes the collective intelligence of the state he chooses to live in...

is there a mobius strip in here somewhere?

6. Changleen

Changleen Paranoid Member

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 4
    There's no way Bush wrote that. Many of the words have three or more syllables.

7. Changleen

Changleen Paranoid Member

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 4
    Hey RM, Ya fix the photos thing yet?

8. Reactor

Reactor Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 1
    Funny, I saw the head of DHS saying he didn't have any problem talking with the local officials...He said (under oath) he didn't know what Brown was talking about. He also said it was completely his department's fault for not coping with the situation.

Meanwhile NBC (?) released some of FEMAs emails, In one responding to the local FEMA persons comment that the situation was "Way Past Critical", they replyed with comments about 30 minutes not being enough tiime for Mr. Browns lunch. The local FEMA guy replyed "I just took a dump in the halway with 15,000 of my closest friends..."

9. sanjuro

sanjuro Tube Smuggler

Rep/Likes:
    7 / 0
    Well, that makes it all better. He also didn't mention declining a nuclear strike, which saved 80,000 lives right there.

P.S. I should also mention how New Orleans is the largest city affected by Katrina (by a 420,000 pop margin), and how 350,000 seem to have gotten out fine, leaving only the worse off to fend for themselves. Maybe a tactical nuclear strike was in order.

Oh, yeah, and evacuating a city is super easy, too. Look how well a Texas city does it,

10. sayndesyn

sayndesyn Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Crying in the corner of a Refrigerator Box
    hahahaha. Darwin.. Live below water level and then act suprised when the water is above your head. hmmmm

11. ohio

ohio The Fresno Kid

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 4
    A good friend of mine headed down to New Orleans a few weeks ago (two weeks after the hurricane). He and a friend of his ended up coordinating the relief and rebuilding efforts in East Biloxi between local authorities, schools, and the Red Cross because FEMA still hadn't arrived. How to deal with the influx of people, in terms of shelter, food, healthcare. How to handle twice the number of kids in half the number of schools (half the schools were lost to flooding). Issues that NO local government can be prepared for and is exactly what FEMA is supposed to help with. When FEMA arrived (two weeks late), they looked to my friend for leadership because they had NO IDEA what to do.

Great. A town with several thousand refugees is looking to two 27 year old kids who HAPPENED to show up to run the show, because FEMA is that incompetent.

12. ZoRo

ZoRo Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 8
    N8, I don't know if it's sarcasm when you put up smilies beside a Bush apology, but if not, well, let's just say it's weird.

And what's up with that quote in your signature, I mean come on, how can have W's quote on MTB! Like somebody gives a f*** about that t*rd. Sheesh...