Quantcast

Bush earns brownie points with me

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by DRB

3. All thru the 90's an American company called Halliburton was working exceptionally hard to gain access to Iraq.

I'll say it again.... they are ALL thieves with no one's best interest at heart except their own.
And who was the president during most of this period of time...???

D'oh!

:p

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by N8
And who was the president during most of this period of time...???
D'oh!
:p
Are you dense? Did you read the next little bit or did you see 90's, think Clinton and say "I have you know".

Do you not know who I am talking about as the headman at Halliburton? It was Dick Cheney. The whole time Clinton is saying that we need to clamp down on Iraq, Cheney was trying to sell oil drilling equipment and the like to Saddam. Some of the things that the UN inspectors are looking at even now are items that were sold by Halliburton thru foreign subsidiries to Iraq.

Please remember that Clinton authorized a whole series of bombings against Iraq because of an alleged plot by the Iraqi intelligence service to assassinate Bush Sr.

I AM NOT A CLINTON fan. He had all sorts of ethics issues, just like Reagan, Bush Sr. and now Bush Jr.

You need to get your preconcieved notions cleared out and do some real research on these subjects.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by DRB
Are you dense? Did you read the next little bit or did you see 90's, think Clinton and say "I have you know".

Do you not know who I am talking about as the headman at Halliburton? It was Dick Cheney.

Really??? Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Like EVERYONE didn't know you were talking about the Vice President....

So, cut to the chase man, and state your point. Hopefully it will something better than Republicans = Rich getting Richer and Democrates = Nurturing CareGivers because that can be proven sooo wrong on numerous levels.

No, if you point is that all politicians are crooks... well ok, I'll buy that... no surprise there. But the fact is in our system of government, we elect 'em because we are waaay to lazy to bother ourselves with all the details of running a nation as rich, powerful and complex as ours.

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
my boss, who is in IRAQ right now, also tried to meet a certain VP of Halliburton with a buddy of his. They tried the swingin-dick routine, and almost got to see this dude.

i would have loved to have seen them doing that.

to follow the last point: what about NADER? is he a crook too?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by slein
my boss, who is in IRAQ right now, also tried to meet a certain VP of Halliburton with a buddy of his. They tried the swingin-dick routine, and almost got to see this dude.

Cheney wasn't VP of Halliburton, he was CEO.

Nader? The poster boy of oppressed people everywhere. The friend of the environment. The savior of the masses. He is good and pure and has the little guy's best interest at heart. HA

Okay he and his 2000 running mate Winonna LaDuke actively busted on Al Gore for stock holdings in Occidental Oil (funny how oil keeps poppin' up). But when you take a look at Nader's own stock holdings, he in fact owned approximately $250,000 in Fidelity magellean Fund. That fund holds a huge number of Occidental shares as well as a number of companies that Nader has crusaded against. Funny also that fund owns stock in Halliburton.

dbisers311

Chimp
Oct 29, 2001
Rochester, NY
While Nader might have some faults, like not paying as much attention as he should to what companies his mutual funds are invested in, he is certainly a huge improvement over the major party candidates. He has spent his whole adult life fighting the coporations tooth and nail for safer products, most notably automobile safety, i.e. seatbelts, airbags.

As far as the green party goes, they have the right ideas, they do not accept campaign contributions from major corporations, the candidates are almost all regular joes, not career politicians. They all seem like they truly have the interests of the citizens in mind.

I'm not saying that you should always vote straight green, some democrats are better, or independents. If the voters would get the courage to vote with their conscience and not simply for the less bad person. As they've said before, both democrats and republicans are bad, they've become nearly the same party. Look at lieberman, he's farther right than half of the republicans in the senate.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by slein

Well I don't think Nader is a crook, but he is a crackpot.

"Chevrolet Corvair, unsafe at any speed."
LoL