Quantcast

Bush says invasion "killed 30,000 people give or take a few"

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
But was worth it. I predict a vacation in his near future.

"I would say 30,000, more or less, have died as a result of the initial incursion and the ongoing violence against Iraqis," Bush said during a speech in Pennsylvania.

"Knowing what I know today, I'd make the decision again," Bush said. "Removing Saddam Hussein makes this world a better place and America a safer country." (Full story)

And, Surprise!, more torture found in Iraqi prisons.

Does anyone else feel like we're in the twilight zone??

Edit: On the bright side, That's only 115 per 100,000, so the good news is it's only 3 times worse than the murder rate in D.C. one of the most violent cities in the U.S. I'm not sure if that makes it better than I thought, or the murder rate in USA worse.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
NOTE:

thats 30,000 innocent Iraq citizens.....that did not include deaths of any "Iraq" millitary
But they were Iraqis, they don't look very American so 30,000 doesn't really matter.

I wonder how the public would react if 30,000 american civilians were killed for the sake of WMDs, Anti-terrorist, Democracy, excuse of the week, blah blah blah

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tenchiro said:
30,000 brown people = like 3 white people, unless that is a cute white missing girl, then it only = .5

How many brain dead emaciated life support patients is that?

I'm sure some of those 30K were pregnant, what is the white to brown fetus ratio?

At what point does a fetus become brown, at conception or in the second trimester?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
But did Bush say the number on accident or is this a new strategy?

Either way, I applaud him for actually addressing the subject.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I think when you add US+ iraqi soldiers, collateral casualties, insurgents, and victims of the insurgency, the number is closer to 100,000. The cost in dollars is staggering, after this years appropriations bills pass it's going to be around $400,000,000,000 or enough to give each man, woman and child in America a $1300 check.

No WMD, no terrorists, no nuclear program, $400Billion, a country on the verge of civil war....but it was worth it to have saddam for a show trial...:rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Reactor said:
I think when you add US+ iraqi soldiers, collateral casualties, insurgents, and victims of the insurgency, the number is closer to 100,000. The cost in dollars is staggering, after this years appropriations bills pass it's going to be around $400,000,000,000 or enough to give each man, woman and child in America a $1300 check.

No WMD, no terrorists, no nuclear program, $400Billion, a country on the verge of civil war....but it was worth it to have saddam for a show trial...:rolleyes:
I was in a good mood, and you gotta go post all this truthiness and ruin it...

:thumb:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Reactor said:

Yet somehow 36% of the country is still delusional enough to approve of Bush and his administration.