Quantcast

Bush Supporters Question Iraq War Tactics

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169041,00.html

Staunch supporters of the Bush administration's policy in Iraq have become more vocal and public with their concern over the way things are going there, prompting observers to suggest that even Republicans are getting nervous.
The body of the article really talks more about "Fox Contributors" questioning the war. However, I found this quote interesting.

Appearing on FOX News Sunday on August 14, Sen. John McCain (search), R-Ariz., warned of any whiff of troop withdrawal.

"I've got an idea for our Pentagon planners," he said. "The day I can land at the airport in Baghdad and ride in an unarmored car down the highway to the Green Zone is the day I'll start considering withdrawal from Iraq."
It also makes reference to troop reductions before next years elections almost being a given to help boost Republican candidates.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
DRB said:
It also makes reference to troop reductions before next years elections almost being a given to help boost Republican candidates.
Ugh. God forbid that actually be a tactical decision rather than a political one...