Quantcast

Bush would lose to an imaginary candidate

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The Amish said:
Yea it sucks being the great satan of the planet. Like the time when Iran(our enemies) had that massive earthquake and we contributed more to the relief than the rest of the world combined, or the time indonesia had that massive tsunami and we contributed more to the relief than the rest of the world combined, or the time pakistan had a massive earthquake and we again contributed more to the relief than the rest of the world combined,
True. He said combined a lot.
Here's a reference on the tsunami effort........the numbers are presented both as totals as well as percentage of GDP and GNP. Many countries ranked higher in those two regards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donations_for_victims_of_the_2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake

I guess he's going to have to revert to character insults rather than rely on numbers.

What a liberal.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Here's a nice quote from that link regarding the iranian earthquake

Following last year's Bam, Iran earthquake, which killed 26,000 people, Iranian officials claim to have received just USD 17.5 million of the USD 1 billion originally pledged [10]. In mid-March, the Asian Development Bank reported that over USD 4 billion in aid promised by government was behind schedule. Sri Lanka criticised the nations and organisations that clamoured to pledge donations, “Not a penny had come through yet. We are doing the relief work with our government money. Sri Lanka is still waiting for the money pledged by the donors. Money pledged by the people has been pledged to the NGOs." ([11])

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Pretty chintzy response from a bunch of people who like to tell the world how much better they are then everyone else, ain't it?

Look at Australia...Mind you, had the tsunami hit Mexico, US aid would have been a lot larger than it was, I think.

Oh, and you're all fags. Dirty nasty fags.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
kidwoo said:
Me and ohio are doin the dirty right now.....and trying to figure out how to get him an abortion while at the same time raise taxes......cuz that's what we're all about. You want in?
Only if you don't mind me smoking crack and giving a young innocent Christian boy a reach around at the same time.

(Cue the Catholic priest jokes!)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
There seems to have been a profusion of clueless noobs here lately so much so that I've decided to coin a collective noun for a group of idiots. "A short bus of f*ckwits".... whaddya reckon?;)

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Whatever.........we still outdid the highest contribution by a half a billion, you got me on words not principle. Either way while all you guys were sitting there stressing about what a sorry world this is I was at a wailers show drinking a few beers, smokin a few jays, and rockin out to life..................The way it should be.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The Amish said:
Whatever.........we still outdid the highest contribution by a half a billion, you got me on words not principle. Either way while all you guys were sitting there stressing about what a sorry world this is I was at a wailers show drinking a few beers, smokin a few jays, and rockin out to life..................The way it should be.

Wow...that's quite the beat down you just got. ....

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
MMike said:
Wow...that's quite the beat down you just got. ....
I live in new york. I'm pretty used to peops not agreeing with the way I think. Oh well we'll always have ohio:D

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
The Amish said:
I live in new york. I'm pretty used to peops not agreeing with the way I think. Oh well we'll always have ohio:D
If you ever find a place where people agree with the way you think please let us know where it is. And how the nice people in white coats treat you.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
obviously you've never looked at the map of red and blue states. Hate to break it to you but this country's built and run on the backs of people like me. Your a minority

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
The Amish said:
obviously you've never looked at the map of red and blue states. Hate to break it to you but this country's built and run on the backs of people like me. Your a minority
Who or what are "people like you?" Did you invent a new product? Did you create a successful corporation? Were you a teacher, passing on knowledge to future generations?

I would agree that it's built and run on the backs of those people, but it's certainly not built and run by those people. That's the great revelation that the right has been so good at hiding, while they ride you like a show pony.

If you think your labor is important to those in power, you're deluding yourself. There's someone overseas that will do it cheaper and better than you, with less bitching. All they care about is your [collective] vote, and they've figured out a great formula to keep you ignorant and on their side by appealing to the worst in you, and you've lapped it up like a pig at a slop bucket.

edit: also, have a look at that same map with some domestic product numbers attached to it, and then come back and tell me who you think is keeping this country rolling economically.