Quantcast

Bush's election predictions

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Will he be diagnosed as delusional once out of office?

President Bush predicted Monday that voters will replace him with a Republican president who will "keep up the fight" in Iraq. "I'm confident we'll hold the White House in 2008," Bush told donors at the Republican Governors Association annual dinner, which raised a record $10.6 million for GOP gubernatorial candidates.

"And I don't want the next Republican president to be lonely," Bush said. "And that is why we got to take the House, retake the Senate, and make sure our states are governed by Republican governors."

He said Republicans still offer the bedrock positions that voters embrace: strong defense, low taxes and personal freedoms.

"When I say I'm confident, I am so because I understand the mentality of the American people," Bush said. "And I understand the mentality of our candidates. And there's no question in my mind, with your help, 2008 is going to be a great year."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've come to the conclusion that Obama will not win the general election because he is black and his name doesn't sound 'Merican enough.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
But seriously what would you expect him to say?
A message that is "scarier" to the Republican core would be a better motivator for mobilizing the party. Some people actually respond to this thing called honesty, which from the current admin POV would be (and it pains me to type this):

- We have made significant progress in Iraq in the last 6mos to a year
- There is a significant chance of Democrat control of the gov following next election
- If that happens, this progress will be erased and all for nought
- We need to dig in our heels and convince the American people that this effort is still critical enough to make good on the investment we've already made, and then do what it takes to maintain control of the government

Sounds like McCain...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm not against staying in Iraq if McCain came up with a brilliant plan.
A brilliant plan to leave before they fire up the draft machine? I don't care who is the president, it doesn't change the fact that we lack both the manpower and the hardware to be there much longer.

Even if there was a miraculous change in progress, we are still dust in 2 more years.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
A brilliant plan to leave before they fire up the draft machine? I don't care who is the president, it doesn't change the fact that we lack both the manpower and the hardware to be there much longer.

Even if there was a miraculous change in progress, we are still dust in 2 more years.
I agree that a brilliant plan is unlikely. I think we should've left in 2005.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree that a brilliant plan is unlikely. I think we should've left in 2005.
:stupid:

I just think that the time for a plan ran out about '05. You have an economy in the sh!tter, troop levels and equipment at an all time low, and you are going to continue to line the pockets of these contractors for how much longer?