Quantcast

Bust out your Silca....

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I'd buy one.

But I question what the government would charge for plates for it since they are going to get the money from you some how.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I saw something on those on that discovery channel show future-cars. Its basically the same set up as a normal combustion engine (4-6piston if i remember correctly) That air is pumped into instead of combustion. It somehow pumps about half the air used back into the tanks to be used again

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That sounds like an awesome commuter. No gas, cheap, small. I'd buy one if I was in a situation where that makes sense.

You could probably hook it up to your own air compressor, right? It'd probably take a while to fill, but that would be extra super convenient.

That sounds like an awesome commuter. No gas, cheap, small. I'd buy one if I was in a situation where that makes sense.

You could probably hook it up to your own air compressor, right? It'd probably take a while to fill, but that would be extra super convenient.
I doubt that you'd fill it with a garage air compressor. To get 125 miles out of it, you'd need to store the air at very high pressure to bank enough energy.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
In other words: doomed in the US market.

:D
Unfortunatly, yes.
johnbryanpeters said:
I doubt that you'd fill it with a garage air compressor. To get 125 miles out of it, you'd need to store the air at very high pressure to bank enough energy.
You're probably right. Being able to fill it up at home would be awesome though.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
They're probably running about 3-4000 psig to get that kind of mileage out of 90m3. You'd need something like a breathing air compressor to fill at that pressure.

Speaking of which. Fire departments have such compressors for their breathing apparatus. That could be one way for some of our less funded firehouses to earn extra revenue.

I'd have one for commuting. 125 miles is like a whole week for me.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Does it have

AC (it does, doesn't look great)
Heater
stereo
12v out
Power locks
Power windowa
Cup holders