Quantcast

:busted: Fontana race 13.-14.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
:busted: Who will go to this race?
I will come up to ride this race and it will be my first dh race in this area. So has anyone some important information for me? Where exactly is the race in Fontana?
I will sleep in a hotel in Ontario from Saturday to Sunday.
do anyone know if it will be a long way to the race from Ontario?
Has someone a timeplan for saturday and sunday?
How many $ do i have to pay?
What is the homepage for the race? I know from www.southridgeusa.com, but I can't find some information about the race.

So see you there! :cheers:

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
Ontario is very close to Fontana... You're probably going to be like 10-15 minutes away. Practice usually starts at about 11 on Saturday and runs till 4:00. They have trucks running you up to the top.

Practice starts early Sunday morning and goes till 10:30 or 11:00 and then they start trucking people up for race runs. You'll probably race some time in the afternoon.

Practice and race is $30 or $40 I believe. You get a $10 discount if you sign up for a Southridge membership.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
FWIW, I would definitely recommend AGAINST staying at the Motel 6 in Rubidoux, worst place EVER. Unless you like tweakers by your vehicle, cops busting people in the parking lot, stuff in your room being unclean or not working (including the lock on the door), etc. Bring a gun.

After being a ground-pounder in the Army I thought I had an "I can sleep/live anywhere" attitude, but I'd rather sleep on the ground out in the desert than stay at that ho-tel six again.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
1000-Oaks nailed it. Nastiest motel 6 EVER!

There is a Best Western in Ontario thats pretty good.

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
I dont know in which motel i will sleep exactly.
I will go with my uncle and it will be a good motel for sure.

see you there on saturday!

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
FWIW, I would definitely recommend AGAINST staying at the Motel 6 in Rubidoux, worst place EVER. Unless you like tweakers by your vehicle, cops busting people in the parking lot, stuff in your room being unclean or not working (including the lock on the door), etc. Bring a gun.

After being a ground-pounder in the Army I thought I had an "I can sleep/live anywhere" attitude, but I'd rather sleep on the ground out in the desert than stay at that ho-tel six again.

Rubidoux in general is a no-man's land. In 2010 Riverside county is going to put 15 foot tall electrified fences around the whole town, and basically turn it into Escape from New York.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
anybody have any idea of which coarse they will have us racing on sunday's DH? was out there last weekend and there wasn't anything marked yet. i ended up just practicing on novembers dh coarse. was supose to go out there tomorrow but plans got changed, so i have to wait till next weekend.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
They usually don't mark it till the friday before the race. My guess is we'll be back on the other side of the road.

retrofred

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
canyon country, Ca.
i was kinda thinking the same thing. to bad i couldn't get out this weekend the ride. oh well there always next weekend. hey who locally is going to be there. i tried hooking up with some monkeys at the last race but didn't see anybody, but than again i haven't met any either. kinda coming out of a three year rut of not being able to ride much.