Quantcast

busted my P3...

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
The frame was hanging in my garage and it fell 10 feet. It landed square on the BB and effectively ovalized it. Any recommendations for a cheap steel/aluminum replacement? It's gotta be manual friendly.

I was going to build it up to be my urban grocery getter.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
Not to rain on your parade but if it landed on the bb does that mean the bottom of the bb is flat? If so that is going to be hard if not impossible to get Specialized to warranty, I mean how will you justify it? It does not hurt to try.
And yes drops to flat are very bad.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Yep, the bottom of the bb has a nice flat spot. I said it was ovalized in the original post but you get the idea. I've got a good relationship with my LBS so who knows, maybe they can pull a few strings.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Haha I warrantied a GT frame back in the day and they wrote that on the paperwork. I asked what it meant and the said "Justified Replacement Approved"
Really? I wonder if they were messing with you. Most of the industry knows it as "Just Riding Around." "My bike broke... I swear I was JRA." Sure you were... :rolleyes:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Really? I wonder if they were messing with you. Most of the industry knows it as "Just Riding Around." "My bike broke... I swear I was JRA." Sure you were... :rolleyes:
I think he didn't want to look like a smartass (and make the shop look bad) writing it on the paperwork after I gave him my story of woe and randomly failing frames. I knew what it meant, I was just messing with him.