Quantcast

busted out my 20"

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
for the first time in like 10 months!:eek:

i moved and ever since i'v been in my new place and town i have only riden DH and urban on my 26" but thismorning i got out and took my 20" to the local park and prettended i could still ride:rolleyes: Man i'v lost a lot of skill but it was still fun and has me on a bmx kick again:D

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
That is cool, i hope some day i will ride 20 inch wheels again but i have to wait for a better job and after i get a car.:( But i like my hard tail alot i just need to buy new fork because there to soft ( manituo Blacks) but every thing works great. Good Job getting back to the BMX.:D

Drew360

Chimp
Nov 4, 2003
California
good to hear it! i love riding my 20 inch. no worries about gears, suspension, disc brakes, thousand dollar bikes, or anything like that. just get out there and tear some dirt jumps or a park up! SIMPLICITY i love it!

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Originally posted by Drew360
good to hear it! i love riding my 20 inch. no worries about gears, suspension, disc brakes, thousand dollar bikes, or anything like that. just get out there and tear some dirt jumps or a park up! SIMPLICITY i love it!
Well, mine cost well over a grand... But I see what you're saying.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Dude. I gathered up receipts and did some math to see how much I've spent on my bike in the last couple years on replacement parts and stuff and I almost died.

In the end, it's money well spent though. If I wasn't dropping it on bike parts I'd probably have a coke habit or something.

Drew360

Chimp
Nov 4, 2003
California
Originally posted by RandomV
Well, mine cost well over a grand... But I see what you're saying.
are you saying you spent over a grand to buy a 20inch straight off of the bike shops floor. or are you saying that you have spent over a grand in building your own custom 20inch, combined with all the extra things you have bought.

i could see spending thousands over a long period but not going into a bike shop and walking out with a thousand dollar 20inch!

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
building from the frame up with all quality parts can easily run you over a grand. It would be hard to find a bike on the floor of a bike shop for that much, but you could definatly build one for that much at a bike shop in one day. I mean if you have something like profile hubs thats $300 right there, then a $350 frame, a king headset $100, profile euro cranks $180, a $60 stem, $50 handlebars and there you are over a grand without even half the bike built