Quantcast

But how well does it handle drops?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Looks interesting, not sure I'd trust it though.

http://delta7sports.com/index.html

The Arantix – the only mountain bike frame in the world incorporating IsoTruss® technology.

IsoTruss technology combines two different lightweight ideas into one for the first time ever. The first is carrying the truss design into the tubes just like the traditional bike frame takes advantage of the triangle geometry. Second you take the lightweight characteristics of advanced composites and maximize it. Here are 7 reasons why IsoTruss® technology makes the Arantix by Delta 7 Sports a superior mountain bike.

1. Higher Performance Materials: Made of superior high-grade aerospace carbon fiber that is significantly stronger than other common products.

2. Most Efficient Structure: Patented open lattice design leverages greater efficiency from the carbon fiber’s strength by concentrating material at proper reinforcement intervals and eliminating excess material.

3. Lighter Structure: Withstands same high loads as other carbon fiber frames with fewer fibers.

4. Increased Stiffness: Standard stiffness & deflection testing shows the Arantix is more similar to high grade aluminum alloys. Unique design and geometry provide increased response, handling and transfer of pedaling force.

5. Impact Isolation: Redundant lattice structure makes the Arantix even stronger during impact/crash scenarios by isolating damage without compromising the whole frame.

6. Ride-OptimizationI: Redundant lattice geometry of the Arantix allows for direction specific design. The frame may be customized with more fibers on the side for improved lateral stiffness as well as fewer fibers on top/bottom for greater vertical compliance, opening up a world of ride tuning possibilities.

7. Unparalleled: The Arantix is an extreme performance hand-crafted composite mountain bike frame produced in a limited production run. With its unique patented IsoTruss® technology, there is nothing else like it on the planet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This has been posted about a dozen times.

I spoke with some of the guys at the booth during the Handmade bike show and is is an awesome concept. Not to mention the Westy pointed out you can use it to catch squirrels by using bait in the down tube.

<edit> BME went one step further with a road bike design that was sweet.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
I might be wrong in stating this, but I think those check in at $7000. They did let me stomp on a tubing section to see if I could brake it which was fun. Other than the price I like stuff like that.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Looks like a very expensive cheese grater. Could you imagine what scars would look like on your legs from that frame?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I saw that in a magazine recently too, I couldn't believe the price tag. It seems like a good idea, but then again, on paper carbon fiber for DH looks like a good idea too.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Looks like a good exercise in engineering but probably more suited to space than your local trail.

It'd be a bitch to clean, and imagine how much mud it would hold...