Quantcast

But I want to sleep Tuesday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley woke up having a fit at 4:55am. It is now 5:40am and she is still yelling (specifically not crying) because I wouldn't make her popcorn or turn on Frozen. I gave her a granola bar and took her to her play area in the basement. I have left her there to cry as much as she wants, because I don't think that I can take anymore this morning. As f*ed up as it is to say it, I think I now know why somebody would shake a baby to get them to stop crying.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Stories like that make me sooooo glad that my son is easy going (he's almost 2yrs old). He woke up this morning while the wife and I were getting ready. So we put him on the couch with a sippy cup of milk and he watched cartoons while we got ready.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I think that is why they're called "the terrific twos"!

Good morning.
Lots to do but little time, so if the creek don't rise I'll get it all done.
That's all I can say right now. Wish me luck.

First, some more coffee.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Ride night! Gonna be a toasty one too. In other news, I opened up a new bank account yesterday. How exciting. :D

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Got home yesterday after hearing all about what a great day the Mrs. had with junior. The moment I got home he started acting like a little psycho and and clinging to her desperately. She handed him off to me and he had such a fit that he passed out.

Perhaps he's not so weird...

And to think he only cried for about 30 seconds after this happened last week.

after doing some of this:

nose meets concrete stairs... Good thing his helmet was snugged up. Styrofoam brim took a beating...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stories like that make me sooooo glad that my son is easy going (he's almost 2yrs old). He woke up this morning while the wife and I were getting ready. So we put him on the couch with a sippy cup of milk and he watched cartoons while we got ready.
I can do that, but I don't want to get her into the habit of waking up and watching cartoons or always getting her way.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Haley woke up having a fit at 4:55am. It is now 5:40am and she is still yelling (specifically not crying) because I wouldn't make her popcorn or turn on Frozen. I gave her a granola bar and took her to her play area in the basement. I have left her there to cry as much as she wants, because I don't think that I can take anymore this morning. As f*ed up as it is to say it, I think I now know why somebody would shake a baby to get them to stop crying.
no baby einstein in your house?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mariko has been doing the random "mama! mama! mama! mama!" clinging sometimes, yet sometimes she's clingy to me. Toddlers--who can figure out what they want? Not me, often. I still like our baby on the balance, though.

Less than 48h until Denver trip--seeing the place we rented in Stapleton, touring Montessori preschools, looking at model houses from various Stapleton builders planning for the upcoming year, and hanging out with sister + her family. All this on UC Denver's dime since it's a "house hunting trip" therefore reimbursable as a moving expense, score.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is killing me. She's negotiating a retainer rate for her primary client, but can't understand that the rates she wants to propose will actually reduce her income by $12k/year. She can't wrap her head around grossing up for employment taxes and benefits that she will be paying vs. the company. She just keeps saying "well is I want to make X, I just need to divide that by 12". Totally missing the concept of pulling it up by 20% for taxes, etc.

All I can do is pound my head into the desk at this point.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got in my run this evening too. 4 miles in 40 minutes, so not exactly a blistering pace. I am starting to feel the building wear in my legs from the back to back days. Tomorrow am I have a very quick lifting regime and an other 20 mile ride in the evening.
I am already getting stronger though. My endurance is better in both the pool and running. not sure about the bike though, as I already have somewhat of a baseline there.