Quantcast

)*( Butt crack o Friderp GMT)*(

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
up before my alarm. 0320 sucks balls. 16 dialysis transports on my list. At least I am done by 1500. I wonder if I will have the motivation to go ride afterwards?

good espresso, dogs are sacked out after getting fed. heading out around 0400 and its 64* already....I think its going to be hot today.

I so want to say fuck it and go back to bed but duty calls

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
up before my alarm. 0320 sucks balls. 16 dialysis transports on my list. At least I am done by 1500. I wonder if I will have the motivation to go ride afterwards?

good espresso, dogs are sacked out after getting fed. heading out around 0400 and its 64* already....I think its going to be hot today.

I so want to say fuck it and go back to bed but duty calls
Fuck that. I start at 7am today and will leave at 3pm. Seem MOAR better to me. :D

39 freedom units when I left the house this morning. Shit is getting cold, I really need to get some riding in. :(

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Woke by thunder, kinda cool. Been praying for rain and finally got some. Actually seems like a lot so far this morning, maybe it will help the fire situation.

Pups want to go for walkies, but not in the rain.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm gonna go to HOME DEPOT today!

Might also score a 24" bike off the local curb alert for free. Stuff it in the shed for when the kids are ready.

Maybe some work too.

In other news, I have a buddy who is getting into mountain biking and wants to spend about $2500 on a used bike (or new, but not likely). What should he look for? I realize now that my tastes are so far gone in the "why the fuck would that matter???" category that I may not be the best person to ask this question....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Woken by a work call at 00:45ish, then shortly after shoved by wife because I was snoring, then another really stupid work call at 05:00. It's going to be a long day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm gonna go to HOME DEPOT today!

Might also score a 24" bike off the local curb alert for free. Stuff it in the shed for when the kids are ready.

Maybe some work too.

In other news, I have a buddy who is getting into mountain biking and wants to spend about $2500 on a used bike (or new, but not likely). What should he look for? I realize now that my tastes are so far gone in the "why the fuck would that matter???" category that I may not be the best person to ask this question....
Whats he looking for, XC bike?

This is nice, though it aint light - https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-tr-29-origin-sand-2021-c2x31920274

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Whats he looking for, XC bike?

This is nice, though it aint light - https://www.commencalusa.com/meta-tr-29-origin-sand-2021-c2x31920274
XC or trail. He had his eye on a Norco Revolver, but I steered him away as it's a little too "XC Race" and I think a 120-140mm trail bike would be ideal. He is looking for 29" wheels but I'm not sure that matters. He's not picky, just wants something to derp around on out on the trails. His current bike is like a 96 GT Palisade or something, so I think ANYTHING is going to be a giant upgrade....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Pork shoulder I put on the smoker last night was already done when I got up this morning. Tacos or BBQ sandwiches? Por que no los dos? Air seems clear-ish. I really ought to go for a ride.

The hero we need. :cupidarrow:
definitely both. this reminds me i should do a pork shoulder.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
XC or trail. He had his eye on a Norco Revolver, but I steered him away as it's a little too "XC Race" and I think a 120-140mm trail bike would be ideal. He is looking for 29" wheels but I'm not sure that matters. He's not picky, just wants something to derp around on out on the trails. His current bike is like a 96 GT Palisade or something, so I think ANYTHING is going to be a giant upgrade....
Maybe? https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/trance-29-3-2021

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
did a pretty "meh" ride last night. but even a "meh" ride is better than no ride I guess...

my kid wok up at 5:20 today. He doesn't know how to be quiet. little fucker. I am le tired.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
did a pretty "meh" ride last night. but even a "meh" ride is better than no ride I guess...

my kid wok up at 5:20 today. He doesn't know how to be quiet. little fucker. I am le tired.
i don't know how people handle kids that wake up that early. my kids are never up before 7. my son was up at 8 today and my daughter didn't get up till 9. they are 5 and 3.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
our older kid used to wake up hella early. it sucked. now they both usually sleep until around 7 or 8.

taking them to get passports today. and sending mine in to get renewed.

maybe a bike ride? maybe hanging distantly with a few friends tonite.

postponed camping to next wknd, which looks warmer and drier.

finally tried on the impact pros last night. need to take them on a shakedown ride to break them in. they felt kind of like a cross between the old impacts and old freeriders in terms of thickness, fit, and weight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
i don't know how people handle kids that wake up that early. my kids are never up before 7. my son was up at 8 today and my daughter didn't get up till 9. they are 5 and 3.
It's not like I have much choice in the matter. But he doesn't often wake up that early. I think there's a lot of underlying stress with going back to school, and starting to actually work again. He hasn't really been in school since January, so it's been a while.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woken by a work call at 00:45ish, then shortly after shoved by wife because I was snoring, then another really stupid work call at 05:00. It's going to be a long day.
If it makes you feel better, the baby woke up unhappy at 5:15. (She usually sleeps but the flu shot messed her up maybe?) So first the wife then I went in there to sit/lie by the door until we could sneak out. Didn’t take long but still disruptive.

Then once that was done the kitten in the bathroom and the elder cat outside the bedroom door decided to mew and paw at/bang head against the door to communicate, respectively. Thanks, kitties!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's not like I have much choice in the matter. But he doesn't often wake up that early. I think there's a lot of underlying stress with going back to school, and starting to actually work again. He hasn't really been in school since January, so it's been a while.
my sons sleep has been a bit off since starting kindergarten