Quantcast

Buy & sell threads...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Per the announcement from a while ago, all buying and sell needs to be done in the classifieds, not in the forums.

You can search the classifieds by region now, so hopefully that accomplishes the same thing.

Thanks.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why not use the classifieds?

Search by region. It's exactly the same, only the buy & sell happens in the place its supposed to. Fewer threads for us to moderate, it encourages full use of the classifieds software (which costs money), traffic management for the site improves since people visiting through Google searches or only visiting for the classifieds get the full breadth of what is available, and it helps us eliminate yet one more gray area for people to complain about when we delete a thread.

Believe me, the last one is no small thing. "But... but... my thread got deleted, why didn't <this thread> and <this thread> get deleted tooooo? You're violating my first amendment rights!"

Jeremy, I'll have you know it's a tiara not a fvcking crown.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
What would be wrong with a post in a local forum linking directly to an ad in the classified section? I might not browse the classified section looking for deals everyday but I might click a local thread for a quick look. It's kind of like window shopping (more visible).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
JD, sometimes you gotta draw a line in the sand. Let's just all use the classifieds for the purpose it was intended and keep ALL the forums spam-free :)

With three clicks in the classifieds - Search, select "The South" and then click "Search" - I get a date-sorted list (most recent first) of everything for sale in the region.

I am going to poke around and see if we can't get that search as a perma-link in each forum so it offers a little more visibility - maybe that would be a little easier? If at least there was a highly visible, one-click link that was part of normal browsing?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just more Northern aggression.
I'll soon be implementing a policy banning bananas in avatars.

Gotta keep the little man down. No telling what you uppity bitches would do if we didn't stomp on you all the time.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Damnit, I liked using the forum because you could post multiple different items in one place. Now when I'm selling 280839 different parts I have to make 280839 different classified ads.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Damnit, I liked using the forum because you could post multiple different items in one place. Now when I'm selling 280839 different parts I have to make 280839 different classified ads.

Perhaps we could enhance our free classifieds by offering to post your items for you? We certainly would not want anyone to have to do an actual work.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Perhaps we could enhance our free classifieds by offering to post your items for you? We certainly would not want anyone to have to do an actual work.
Or you could go back to the easier-to-use forum system that didn't cost any money.

I tried using the newer classifieds with little to no success. I sold stuff in the old Buy and Sell forum quickly and easily.

My $0.02

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Or you could go back to the easier-to-use forum system that didn't cost any money.

I tried using the newer classifieds with little to no success. I sold stuff in the old Buy and Sell forum quickly and easily.

My $0.02
The latest style is virtually the same as the forum style. What have you not had success at?

You can post a "garage sale" type ad if you want.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I am going to poke around and see if we can't get that search as a perma-link in each forum so it offers a little more visibility - maybe that would be a little easier? If at least there was a highly visible, one-click link that was part of normal browsing?
That would be great. Thanks.

PS: Sorry to post this here. DRB, you can go back to your cave now.