Quantcast

Buyer Beware, Crabon Fabre

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Many years ago I bought three Controltech Handlebars, the two alloy ones had paint issues, the alignment marks weren't on center but the finish was good and didn't seem to chip.

The carbon bar was correctly marked but wouldn't clamp properly and would rotate in the stem and that would damage the structural clear coat.
I emailed Controltech one time only and I am still awaiting a reply, is 8-9yrs too long or should I keep waiting?

Has anyone got an idea how a carbon lay-up could end up looking this shit?
IMGP7894 (2).JPG

IMGP7898 (2).JPG

IMGP7900 (2).JPG

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You see, air is a fantastic insulator as it doesn't conduct heat like other materials do. So clearly, these are intended for winter use, as they'd keep your hands warmer.

:nerd:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You must have received an exploded diagram showing you that the bar goes into the stem. Therefore, clearly you should have just kept tightening it until it worked right.

As for fixie bro, his finger is on the brake lever.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What does the diagram show?
I don't know, maybe they will send one with the email
If you die while riding with crabon handlebarz, you can't catch covid.
No Covid in my state for over a month, we aren't huge on blind faith yet but I think the internet will get us there, for now our 5G towers remain undamaged and the majority listen to scientists.
We aren't a hugely religious nation but we are all praying that the racist mask free protestors from a few weeks back die of Covid.
I think you have them too, you gots dem der right wang proud bois?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I don't know, maybe they will send one with the email

No Covid in my state for over a month, we aren't huge on blind faith yet but I think the internet will get us there, for now our 5G towers remain undamaged and the majority listen to scientists.
We aren't a hugely religious nation but we are all praying that the racist mask free protestors from a few weeks back die of Covid.
I think you have them too, you gots dem der right wang proud bois?

Yo dude,
Can you take this bitch back?