Quantcast

Buyers Remorse?

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
So I went on JensonUSA, ordered a Sherman Flick Plus, and now that I have it I'm on here reading all these great things about the new Pike with the Maxle system. I got the flick for the hex-lock to stiffen things up a bit, but I have questions about the durability now after searching around on RM. Should I have bought a Pike instead?

Note: Please only give me honest responses from those who have time on the fork. I don't like sifting through rants about brand loyalties.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Don't be sorry and enjoy your new fork. You'll love it. :)

Don't be a compulsive mtb products buyer. There are already way too many people like that who absolutely need to buy this newer fork even though their current fork is barely broken in... :roll:

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I guess I just needed a little confirmation. I decided to try the Sherman because I just got tired of RockShox. I've had two Psylos and a boxxer, all three left me wanting. I just got a little worried when I saw some of the posts in this forum about the Sherman and the Dorado, it was all so 50/50. People seem to have a love/hate relationship with them.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Msisle Dad said:
The pike can break @ the arch
So can the Sherman! Any fork can break at the arch!

The Sherman line has proven to be very good forks. Everything is well thought out on them, good axle design, good damping (TPC+), very sturdy forks.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i've run a '05 flick+ for the last 6 months without problem (no maintenance required). stiff, plush, nicely damped & good value. no complaints.

Tarpon

Monkey
Jun 23, 2004
North Bend, WA
Alaskan_Assassin said:
So I went on JensonUSA, ordered a Sherman Flick Plus, and now that I have it I'm on here reading all these great things about the new Pike with the Maxle system. I got the flick for the hex-lock to stiffen things up a bit, but I have questions about the durability now after searching around on RM. Should I have bought a Pike instead?

Note: Please only give me honest responses from those who have time on the fork. I don't like sifting through rants about brand loyalties.
I have had a Breakout for over a year now with no problems. Just make sure you have enough semi-bath oil in the bottom of each leg (it gets used up over time). Also, invert the fork before each ride for a minute to lube the bushings.