Quantcast

Buying a Cube?

murphy

Chimp
Jun 8, 2010
Planet earth
So i've been thinking about a new Bike for the winter and Cube has been mentioned a few times by friends..

Then i read this article about the manufacturer and their bikes which caught my attention a little more:

Which led to me thinking about getting one..not sure which style..but sub 1500 bucks though..

Does anyone know which model is the second bike pictured in the article as it's my favourite..

what do you all reckon? worth considering/buying? :confused: or is a Mongoose a better bet?

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
It's Fritzz, their AM model.
I'd recommend to test that bike, as the seattube has quite a slack angle and only a narrow air-sprung shock can be used in that suspension. Friend of mine experimented with large volume RP23 on his Stereo but after few rides he rather send standard RP23 to Push to re-shim it becasue big-volume air can was almost untunable on that design and very often bottomed out.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I think there's army of contenders to the Cube, it's hard to recommend only few models out of that crowd. I built my 1st big bike, Rune, this June and am very happy with it besides smaller mud clearance and ****ty RS Lyrik 09 which got significant play between lowers/uppers after few rides.