Quantcast

buying a new vehicle

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I told my old man about my wagon I expected him to give me crap, has always been a 'mericun or nothing kind of guy. Turns out his two older brothers had were into old volvo wagons. One had a couple of PVs like the one on the left, and the other an Amazon like the one on the right. Here I am getting imprinted as a wee lad in G'ma's arms in front of my late uncles wagon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When I was in Brisbane, I got to see one of these in action and fell in love. No longer made, never imported.

I think the Holden lines look way better than the American bastardized Pontiacs, the GTO and G8 were just plain ugly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I was in Brisbane, I got to see one of these in action and fell in love. No longer made, never imported.

I think the Holden lines look way better than the American bastardized Pontiacs, the GTO and G8 were just plain ugly.
Drove whatever the British brand version of that was. 2.0L turblo diesel. Nice ride. That fat guy looks like he wants to eat it, must be an American tourist.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Drove whatever the British brand version of that was. 2.0L turblo diesel. Nice ride. That fat guy looks like he wants to eat it, must be an American tourist.
The SS Commodore is an LS powered NA monster (same all aluminum plant as the Corvette), but a turbo D would be a cool option. Folks have been known to wedge a turbo or 2 on the V8's as well. :rofl:

I saw a UTE that was pushing over 1200hp, in a UTE.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The SS Commodore is an LS powered NA monster (same all aluminum plant as the Corvette), but a turbo D would be a cool option. Folks have been known to wedge a turbo or 2 on the V8's as well. :rofl:

I saw a UTE that was pushing over 1200hp, in a UTE.
You might be entertained by this..

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Has anyone ever used the extra lights on the front? So many vehicles around here running around with them, well, you know, like the fact that they have a truck and they only haul stuff once in every blue moon...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone ever used the extra lights on the front? So many vehicles around here running around with them, well, you know, like the fact that they have a truck and they only haul stuff once in every blue moon...
You mean the LED light bars aimed at the back of my eye balls?

Yes.

They use them around here.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Auto-dim and enjoy them lighting the road in front of you.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

G8 was styled decent. SS is meh...

But yes, that would be kickass.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
One thing that always pissed me off about subaru was they put out some marketing a few years back: "don't look at the HP compared to other cars, look at the acceleration times!"

Yes, the awd 5K clutch-drop...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
One thing that always pissed me off about subaru was they put out some marketing a few years back: "don't look at the HP compared to other cars, look at the acceleration times!"

Yes, the awd 5K clutch-drop...
On pavement there's no way. But on snow.... :brows::brows::brows::brows::brows::brows:

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
well this didn't stay in the direction i had hoped, but then again why should i have expected that from this group. anywho, i ended up getting a Mazda CX5 sport awd.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
well this didn't stay in the direction i had hoped, but then again why should i have expected that from this group. anywho, i ended up getting a Mazda CX5 sport awd.
Mmike picks up Hot Chicks in his ex wife's Jeep. He takes them for pizza which is very good.... You should have consulted with him.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Welcome to the club! Lets be honest, that is pretty much a wagon with bigger wheel fender gaps.

I like it actually. I guess I don't see too many around these parts.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Welcome to the club! Lets be honest, that is pretty much a wagon with bigger wheel fender gaps.

:stupid:

I have the base-model manual version, caus' that's the only trim the manual came in. It was also the only "SUV" to come with a manual transmission that wasn't made in Korea.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:stupid:

I have the base-model manual version, caus' that's the only trim the manual came in. It was also the only "SUV" to come with a manual transmission that wasn't made in Korea.
Doesn't manual imply FWD only? Plus, you're forgetting the Juke (debatable) and Forester 2.5i (not debatable).

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.

so far so good, but it's only been a day so i still need to play around with settings. one thing i tried was to get my pandora to connect thru the phone and it tells me that it isn't installed on my phone. any ideas on that?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Doesn't manual imply FWD only? Plus, you're forgetting the Juke (debatable) and Forester 2.5i (not debatable).
yes. I've never been in a situation I couldn't handle in a FWD manual vehicle. I'm not a big believer in AWD or 4WD. Subaru's were out because of gas consumption. And I couldn't bear the ridicule of owning a Juke. (besides, I'm not sure they were out back then, and they may have been too small for my wants/needs)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Because turbooooooooooooo. Got the new suspension on and replaced the brakes while I was at it. Car is dialed now.

Just need to get some bikes on the back...

There really is no reason to not get a wagon/hatch. Better than a trunk, better looks, more betters! More betters is always more betters!