Quantcast

buying snowshoe rental bikes.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
hey guys,
i was wondering if anyone had any advice on buying some of snowshoe's rental bikes at the end of the season. what bikes do they sell? how good of a condition? and at what price do they sell them at?
i really like your advice,
thanks
daniel

Unless they are really cheap I'd stay away from them. Think of how you treat a rental car..........now add in drops, ladders, bridges, rocks, roots, etc... those things take a beat down with no love. In another few weeks there will be alot of bikes for sale as the DH season is winding down. At least most people take care of their own bikes and you can usually get the bike you want for a fraction of the original price.

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
demo bikes and rental bikes are totally different. When I'm at snowshoe I always wander around the shop for a while, and their used bikes are barely marked down at all. Maybe 10-20% below the origional wholesale price. Not nearly enough considering they usually need new drivetrains, brake pads, tires, and lots of love from a highly skilled mechanic.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
They seriously get beat to a pulp every weekend, stay away spend a few hundred more and buy something quality from a skilled rider who knew how to treat thier equipment (most monkeys)...goodluck.