Quantcast

Buying tix from Craigslist

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anybody ever bought tix off of somebody selling them from Craigslist?

My wife and I are going to Maine for Easter and we would like to catch a sold out concert there and there are a few people in Maine selling the tix. Any suggestions on how to handle the transaction?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Thanks for the heads up but man the tix are expensive. I guess as a last ditch effort I'll use them.
yeah, you can sometimes find cheap tix on stubhub or ridiculously priced tickets on there.

and admit it, the wife is dragging you there right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Poison sold out, that's funny. I guess the seating capacity at the local middle school gym is less than 100, right? :rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It's maine. We were in Portland last year and some equally lame band had sold out 2 nights at the local arena.

I'm headed to portland right now to stock up on fishing gear and meth.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It's maine. We were in Portland last year and some equally lame band had sold out 2 nights at the local arena.

I'm headed to portland right now to stock up on fishing gear and meth.
The only way to catch more lobster is to stay up all night and dive for them in Casco bay in February.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Just go to the box office the day of the show, they release held tickets then. Plus they are usually killer seats and you just pay face value.
Jason told me about that, and I waited two hours to get killer seats for Iggy and the Stooges at the Warfield.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Just go to the box office the day of the show, they release held tickets then. Plus they are usually killer seats and you just pay face value.
that can work, but it's risky...it depends on if the promoter or band turns in any unused tickets, if spots reserved for handicapped get released, etc...you might not get two seats together, either.

i'd say that if you are on the fence, and don't care if you miss the show, it's a reasonable gamble to take. it won't always result in 'killer seats' either (but if they are held for media, etc they won't be bad).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
that can work, but it's risky...it depends on if the promoter or band turns in any unused tickets, if spots reserved for handicapped get released, etc...you might not get two seats together, either.

i'd say that if you are on the fence, and don't care if you miss the show, it's a reasonable gamble to take. it won't always result in 'killer seats' either (but if they are held for media, etc they won't be bad).
I was thinking either way it would be a cool night for my wife and I. If we try to get our tix that night and they don't have any I'm sure we can find something else to do like go to a rave or something.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
or maybe catch Poison at the local Hooters.
I actually own the LP of Open up and say Ahhhh.
It was the first piece of much I ever bought with my own money. The record cover has got to be the single greatest collage of hair band images ever assembled.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
FLASHBACK: Oh lord, just remembered the time I roadied for Poison and Whitesnake at the Orange County Fairgrounds....the dude from Poison did an acoustic song with a WAY outta tune guitar...