Quantcast

By Special Request

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I got a message the other day that my picture posts were sorely missed. Being that I have a few moments I will post some of a trip Oz and I took for our anniversary in December.

We started off in the Mojave National Preserve. The long and lonely road on the way to our destination.

The road ended at Mitchell Caverns, where we stopped and took a tour. Heading in...

I suck at cavern shots. :disgust1:

I was waiting for one of these to break off and stab me in the head.

I got to play tour guide for a little while :p

After four years of trying to find big horn sheep in the Anza Borrego desert we finally got to see them, just in a different location.

I think I spot something.

A closer look.

A view of the valley floor.

On our way to our next destination we came across a salt lake, right at sunset. We stopped to enjoy the gorgeous view.

One last look before the sun went down

I'll have to come back and finish day two later because I have to get back to work. Have a good day every one! :)

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
Thanks everyone...I miss all of you as well. Unfortunately I no longer have a job that gives me easy access to a computer, but I try to stop in every once in awhile.

Ok so back to the pics. On day two we left the barren desert and headed to the busy streets of L.A.

We actually decided to do something educational and stopped at the La Brea tar pits. :o

Located in the heart of Los Angeles, the La Brea Tar Pits is home to over three million fossils from the last Ice Age. It was here that huge mammoths, fierce sabertoothed cats, and giant ground sloths became trapped and entombed in the asphalt that has been seeping out of the ground for the past 40,000 years.

Outside of the museum

A close up of the bubbling tar

A giant ground sloth

Sabertoothed Cat...not tiger according to the museum

Mother and child and a camel off to the side

Oz dwarfed by the mammoth

On display are the skulls of dire wolves in which you can see evolutionary changes. This is only 1/4 of the skulls that have been found in the pits.

A few pics of the interactive research laboratory

I would not want to be the sloth

And then a cool shot outside of the science museum

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
awesome pics heather! you guys gonna be at tucky this weekend?
Yep I'll be there and we will be at the BMX track tonight. Oz and I headed to Bootleg Canyon last weekend so in an effort to make this thread somewhat bike related...

Escaping from the SoCal rain

By the time the camera came out of the back of my truck I was fast asleep in the front seat after getting up at 3am, driving, and then completing 4 DH runs (yeah, I'm a wuss). But Oz was nice enough to go up for another run and snap some pics.

mmmm....rocks :D

...and singletrack

...and switchbacks

Occasionally a crash.

and the end of the day.