Quantcast

* By the fucking jesus *

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Drove back from beautiful Grand Mound, WA to Vancouver yesterday. We must have passed a dozen cars in the ditch and got to see a semi getting plucked off the median wall with a huge tow truck.I was amazed how well the drive went all things considered. It was quicker than the drive down on dry roads. I think fear kept the masses off the highways.

We brought the kids to Great Wolf Lodge, AKA Brown Loaf Lodge, AKA Kids Vegas. They had a blast. Solid people watching. So many fat people... we saw a 6 year old drinking Pepsi from a baby bottle.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sent for a two hour ride and limped home at the end with almost no air in the rear tire. Watch the Lego Movie 2 and was not impressed and confirmed I'm still not crazy about going to the movies.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode a little today. Trails are like paved by a drunk concrete crew - mud got broken by thousand feet and collapsed frost heaves when soft, then froze solid. Good ride but of the jackhammer kind.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
for an even smaller choice of careers, choose art history!
I went with what came natural to me. Drawing and making objects is as easy as breathing. Was good at math, but really had to work at it.

A few years ago I looked into Med School to see what it would require as far as going back to school. I needed about two years to complete science classes and to go through the application process. And that would mean that I would be in residency in my 50s. Too old to do two 24 hour shifts per week in addition to regular shifts. Nope. I do think, with my hand skills, I could have made a good surgeon.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I came to a conclusion that education does not matter. Regardless the profession you choose, you'll work for assholes who got lucky or born as modern nobility.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I went with what came natural to me. Drawing and making objects is as easy as breathing. Was good at math, but really had to work at it.

A few years ago I looked into Med School to see what it would require as far as going back to school. I needed about two years to complete science classes and to go through the application process. And that would mean that I would be in residency in my 50s. Too old to do two 24 hour shifts per week in addition to regular shifts. Nope. I do think, with my hand skills, I could have made a good surgeon.
one curator i used to work for about 20 years ago always used to say, “well, it’s never too late for law school!”